Removing FCG on .308

I'm having trouble removing the factory fcg on my .308. I can't find any threads or pictures for my circumstance as all the tutorials are for .223 or 7.62. I have the tapco g2 modified with hitch pin clips from dinzag. I'm weary of just digging in with a pair of pliers bc I don't want to bend any wires/springs out of shape that I might need later. If there are already several threads like this then sorry, I've been looking around.

Here are pics showing what stage I'm at.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

fcg1.JPG

fcg2.JPG

Edited by longhorn03

I'm having trouble removing the factory fcg on my .308. I can't find any threads or pictures for my circumstance as all the tutorials are for .223 or 7.62. I have the tapco g2 modified with hitch pin clips from dinzag. I'm weary of just digging in with a pair of pliers bc I don't want to bend any wires/springs out of shape that I might need later. If there are already several threads like this then sorry, I've been looking around.

Here are pics showing what stage I'm at.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

fcg1.JPG

fcg2.JPG

see in the first pick the wire on the left that isnt twisting? you gotta take that out to remove the fcg. push down on it by the back pin or pull up on it by the front pin and you can remove that said pin

'Lift' this wire with FLAT head screw driver..

post-8775-091759300 1287483864_thumb.jpg

Push the HAMMER pin out (GRAY STEEL PIN) from the BOLTSIDE using small punch or screwdriver..

After that comes out the guts will start to FALL OUT..

Then push the FCG/TRIGGER PIN out also (same direction).

:beer:

Al

Edited by YWHIC