Have you made a big "mess" lately?

I was just emptying the coffee maker, carrying the filter full of used grounds to the trash. I was carrying the wet paper filter and as I reached for the door to the trash, the wet filter ripped. Wet, used, coffee grounds flew into the cabinet and all over the floor. Grounds were in the door hinge, on a slide out rail the trash can sit in and basically all over a five foot radius.

My wife didn't say a thing, I couldn't believe it.

It took me 20 d___ minutes to clean up that mess.

WJ

Or don't drink coffee... :nothing:

Blasphemy! I'm an ill-tempered, groggy sumbitch till I have my required 3+ cups in the morning! Then I'm still kind of a sumbitch, but much more alert. :D

WJ; my advice is to think about getting a coffee maker that uses coffee pods, (like the Senseo type). They're extremely convenient, fast, and you'd really have to try to make a mess while cleaning one.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

About a month ago, i was mixing up some tuna fish (packaged, not canned), mayo, 2 whole diced sweet pickles, 1 boiled egg chopped (whites only) and some yellow mustard. Anyway, went to shake up the mayo and it opened up in mid shake. Mayo all over the cabinets, counter tops, floor, sink...everywhere! I felt like Ralphy in the movie "A Christmas Story" when hes helping his dad change the flat tire on the side of the road ......."fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

I've done the same before with mustard and BBQ sauce too. :ded:

I've been cold-brewing coffee for years now. You only have to make it once a week, there is less daily mess, it's better for your stomach because it has less acid, and yes you still drink it hot.

Cold brew?

Yep. You take a bag of coffee and mix it into a pitcher of water and let it sit overnight. Then you filter out the grounds and you have a pitcher of super strong liquid. When you want a cup of coffee you just pour about a quarter cup of this strong brew into a cup and add three quarters cup hot water. It's super smooth and half the acid. You can make enough for two weeks and it will keep in the fridge. This is actually what people are getting in many expensive Starbuck's drinks, they just don't know it. The only caveat is you have to experiment with what coffee tastes best to you with this method. I recommend "Sumatra", Starbuck's or Sam's Club brand from Walmart.

Blasphemy! I'm an ill-tempered, groggy sumbitch till I have my required 3+ cups in the morning!

Same here............only with cigarettes (although I only need one to get me going in the morning)

Me: <wakes up, hits the bathroom, heads out for a smoke>

Any of the 3 others I live with: <passes me in the living room> Mornin'!

Me: Go kill yourself.

Me: <has a smoke>

Me: <is in a better mood>

Me: Hey, sorry about that a minute ago.

:lolol:

I've been cold-brewing coffee for years now. You only have to make it once a week, there is less daily mess, it's better for your stomach because it has less acid, and yes you still drink it hot.

Cold brew?

Yep. You take a bag of coffee and mix it into a pitcher of water and let it sit overnight. Then you filter out the grounds and you have a pitcher of super strong liquid. When you want a cup of coffee you just pour about a quarter cup of this strong brew into a cup and add three quarters cup hot water. It's super smooth and half the acid. You can make enough for two weeks and it will keep in the fridge. This is actually what people are getting in many expensive Starbuck's drinks, they just don't know it. The only caveat is you have to experiment with what coffee tastes best to you with this method. I recommend "Sumatra", Starbuck's or Sam's Club brand from Walmart.

Bad Ass. Just stir it with a spoon or whatever?

WJ, I'm also guilty of dropping crap all of the time and making a mess. I finally purchased the largest wet/dry vacuum the big box store had and keep it close by in the utility room. This thing is powerful and it would probably suck the curtains right off the wall :D Makes cleaning up a snap.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

WJ, I'm also guilty of dropping crap all of the time and making a mess. I finally purchased the largest wet/dry vacuum the big box store had and keep it close by in the utility room. This thing is powerful and it would probably suck the curtains right off the wall :D Makes cleaning up a snap.

Yakdung

The irony to the whole mess is that I do have a small wet/dry vac in the garage. I completely forgot about it. Undoubtedly, it would have made quick work of the mess and saved me a whole lot of effort. All I could think of was what a mess I had made and how proud I was of myself that I didn't bust loose with a string of obsenities in front of the girls and their friends (a small victory, but I'll take them where I find them.)

Edited by WarriorJudge

Cold brew?

Sure, if you want to but it's really not necessary. BTW, the reason it has less acid is because the heat during a normal brewing process is what extracts most of the acid from the coffee. With cold brewing there is no heat during brewing, only during drinking.

Cold brew?

Sure, if you want to but it's really not necessary. BTW, the reason it has less acid is because the heat during a normal brewing process is what extracts most of the acid from the coffee. With cold brewing there is no heat during brewing, only during drinking.

Gonna try it. Not crazy about heart burn from coffee. Thanks Dogman.

I quit smoking cold turky, But if I don't get any caffine in a day I get some serious headaches...

While in Iraq I was known to pour the fogers crystals from MREs straight in my mouth and down it with some water. Goodeys and BC powders are my friends, they take care of headaches and contain caffine.

Blasphemy! I'm an ill-tempered, groggy sumbitch till I have my required 3+ cups in the morning!

If I'm reading this right your where I am... 3 minimum, more = better.

if you don't have that work that day a shot of Jamesons tastes wonderful in coffee. Can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

WJ

Not recently BUT the best/worst kitchen incident for me was when I wasn't feeling well with flu like symptoms and had a full two liter bottle of ginger ale. I had poured maybe half a glass and went to sit it back on the counter and totally missed the counter. It hit the floor bottom first and literally exploded out of the top of the bottle. The soda hit the ceiling with incredible force and went in all directions from there. I had ginger ale literally everywhere. That was a fun one to clean up, I was unable to even hold my head up and I was on a step ladder, then on my knees, wiping, rewiping and rewiping everthing again. Soda even got into a picture and frame hung on the wall. It was truly one of those "this really didn't happen, did it?" moments.

WJ

Not recently BUT the best/worst kitchen incident for me was when I wasn't feeling well with flu like symptoms and had a full two liter bottle of ginger ale. I had poured maybe half a glass and went to sit it back on the counter and totally missed the counter. It hit the floor bottom first and literally exploded out of the top of the bottle. The soda hit the ceiling with incredible force and went in all directions from there. I had ginger ale literally everywhere. That was a fun one to clean up, I was unable to even hold my head up and I was on a step ladder, then on my knees, wiping, rewiping and rewiping everthing again. Soda even got into a picture and frame hung on the wall. It was truly one of those "this really didn't happen, did it?" moments.

That's what you get for nursing the "flu" with ginger ale.