muzzle device question

Muzzle devices are used for several purposes:

1. As a muzzle brake to reduce felt recoil

2. As a choke to alter the shot pattern and make shot more effective at longer distances

3. As an impact weapon, similar to a pike, used for destroying doors to gain forcible entry, or as a last-ditch defensive weapon

4. As a flash suppressor, re-directing the direction of muzzle blast to preserve vision during night firing

Is there a single device that can do all of the above, or make reasonable compromises to accomplish at least some of these functions? The order written reflects what is most important to me. I have a full length Saiga-12 with external barrel threads. I may someday choose to shorten the barrel, but that modification is not yet a priority.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-561/Saiga-12-Poly-dsh-Choke-Breacher/Detail

I don't think it will act as much of a muzzle brake, but other than that I think it has everything covered.

actually it does a pretty decent job as a break. if you watch some of the vids i posted, you will notice that when im out shooting with lonestar arms my saiga has no break. in my speed feed vid there is the css breacher, polychoke,muzzle break. its much more noticeable in the vids. in first vid my saiga is all over the place. in the second vid its much more controlable. you wont really notice any difference unles your rapid firing.

on a side note, i freakin love this polychoke. its got the best of everything in one handy package.

• Like 1

2. As a choke to alter the shot pattern and make shot more effective at longer distances

3. As an impact weapon, similar to a pike, used for destroying doors to gain forcible entry, or as a last-ditch defensive weapon

4. As a flash suppressor, re-directing the direction of muzzle blast to preserve vision during night firing

Is there a single device that can do all of the above, or make reasonable compromises to accomplish at least some of these functions? The order written reflects what is most important to me. I have a full length Saiga-12 with external barrel threads. I may someday choose to shorten the barrel, but that modification is not yet a priority.

the new css polychoke has all those features covered. :super:

side by side comparison

before

after

big difference

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

side by side comparison

before

after

big difference

Nice... :super:

side by side comparison

before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4M2QRiHcA

after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3c2lNPnHo

big difference

I don't doubt your observation about the polychoke working as a muzzle brake. But I think your more aggressive firing stance in the second video helped quite a bit also. 000.gif

side by side comparison

before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4M2QRiHcA

after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3c2lNPnHo

big difference

I don't doubt your observation about the polychoke working as a muzzle brake. But I think your more aggressive firing stance in the second video helped quite a bit also. 000.gif

true, after watching the previous vids i did work on my stance, but that was just to keep from being pushed back. if you notice in both vids ive got a very tight grip on the front. also look at my shoulder in both vids. its the same ammo in both vids, but if you watch carefully you will notice much less muzzle climb. also in the second vid you will notice its much easier to control under rapid firing.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1