Just for the sake of discussion. Being hunting season and all.

I was wondering what do you hunt from? Ground blind, tree stand, bucket? lol

I have a mix of a couple. Tree/ladder stand, and a ground blind. But I have been known to just plop down by a tree.

So what do you hunt from?

I have hunted from all of those equally well (or at least been equally lucky). One of my favorites was an old tire that I would lean up against a tree and it would gently give and after about half an hour, it would form to my butt perfectly (it was a really old tire). If I hunt from the ground, I prefer to be at least on the higher ground or something to give myself a better view of what's in front of me. Hunting from the ground tends to be a little warmer during the cold weather too. Don't get me wrong, tree stands are great. But they have to be lugged in and out every year (if you're hunting on someone else's property anyway), locked up so they don't get stolen, maintained, etc. If I ever have my own spread, I'll put up a nice "tree house"! :rolleyes:

s5.jpg

Just for the sake of discussion. Being hunting season and all.

I was wondering what do you hunt from? Ground blind, tree stand, bucket? lol

I have a mix of a couple. Tree/ladder stand, and a ground blind. But I have been known to just plop down by a tree.

So what do you hunt from?

Find a path and slap my happy ass down under/against a tree...this puts my aim dead straight on most the deer round here in MI...I am probally the worst hunter, I wear somewhat camoflaged clothes, txt or talk to a friend I tow along, and yet with all this I still manage to bag one every single time...drives my hunting crazy uncle nuts...lol

• Like 1

Bow season I'm up a tree. But rifle season is different. We go from THICK brush with shotty's, to BIG fields for long range rifle. I have stands, blinds, camo and alot of rubs staked out.......

Bow season opened last week, .......And I promptly caught the FLU!!!!! I cant go five minutes without a 60 second "BARKING" episode.

So I havent been yet :cryss:

i used to have a seat that you strap to a tree that i would carry in the woods and pick a spot. ive always been more of a ground hunter mainly b/c its mostly thick pines around here. the only time i use a tree stand its the home-made tree lounge my dad made, that thing is awesome! you can hunt in it all day, just take a nap when u get tired! by far the most comfortable stand ive ever been in. lately ive got lazy and havent been into hunting as much. i think b/c im not a big venison person and i dont believe in killing just for the fun of it. once you kill it, then the work begins!

Now i just wait till dark and take a ride through the field behing the house with a q-beam!!:devil:

I also hunt out of my bedroom window sometimes, well not really hunt just look out into the woods for movement. havent had any luck with that yet BUT there was a really nice 8 point taken off the back porch a couple years ago!!

This reminds me, last year while 4 wheeling i came across a permant stand made out of an old disassembled power line tower. you know the big steel towers? the damn thing must have weighed at least a ton, literally! i have no idea how the HELL the guy ever got that thing out in the woods and put it up. it would have took a small army or some HEAVY equipmemt but it was one badass treestand and i have no doubt it will be there for my grand kids to hunt out of!!

Edited by big-J

I've hunted them all.

Ladder stands, climber stands, permanent custom stands, and strap on a tree seats with screw in spikes stands.

Tower stands, 5 gallon bucket, great-white-hunter seats up on the back of a truck, the hunting camp's front porch.

I think I like a good ladder stand most of all. Simple to set up, simple to use, simple to fix, and you don't have

to climb up a series of spikes that must've been put in by a 7 foot tall orangutan.