A lot of spin and bias going on there. I believe the main issue with the early rifles that the designer wanted to rectify was the fact that the safety had to be disengaged to open the bolt. The military and police rifles they showed mean little to nothing. They often have the factory triggers adjusted to sometimes dangerous levels. The range that had a lot of "Remington moments" probably had the same A-hole mess with all their triggers. You generally can't make a target trigger out of the original safely. A mal-adjusted or very dirty trigger can be dangerous. That's a given and something I researched long before purchasing mine. I had one for years with a Timney trigger and never had any sort of issue.

That said I'm sure a few bad rifles may have come out of the factory. It happens. I made it a point to function test all my firearms after cleaning. The company shouldn't take full culpability for people shooting each other, however, no matter how tragic that may be. My wife was all soaking it all in and was asking me all manner of alarmist questions. Unfortunately I believe that is how most of the general public will react.

In last month's American Rifleman, they had a quarter page recall on Remington 597's chambered in .177. Luckily, mine's a .22lr, and I have an 870 Wing Master shotty. Either way, I'm not buying anything from them any time soon.

In last month's American Rifleman, they had a quarter page recall on Remington 597's chambered in .177. Luckily, mine's a .22lr, and I have an 870 Wing Master shotty. Either way, I'm not buying anything from them any time soon.

The 870 seems to be a mall-ninja favorite anyway :o

So what about ammunition? I just bought a 250 round box of 20ga Remington 2.75 target shells. I hope they don't blow up on me! ;)

This just in, random boxes of Remington ammo blowing up spontaneously. Avoid all Remington ammo unless you want to look like Swiss Cheese!

My 870 was older-inherited it from gramps when he passed. But I did mall ninja it out! Tube extension to the muzzle, PG pump, Speed Feed stock. That was my go to before my S-12. Do mall ninjas like the new triangle barreled Remmies?

I got a new in box Remington 870 Wingmaster for my 19th birthday that my grandpa had bought some 30 years before. He just

got it for a good deal, never assembled it, and my dad did the same, so he gave it to me as a gift.

Shoots skeet well, never had problem one with it. I shan't mall ninja it; after all, it shares the safe with a Benelli M4

and a Saiga 12, so tactical is not for it. It is my bird gun. (Not to be confused with turkey gun; that's something else entirely.)

• Like 1

My 870 was older-inherited it from gramps when he passed. But I did mall ninja it out! Tube extension to the muzzle, PG pump, Speed Feed stock. That was my go to before my S-12. Do mall ninjas like the new triangle barreled Remmies?

Well, if you plan on using it all that you put on it, and it actually serves a purpose it's fine. But if you're getting useless stuff and throwing it on every single gun you own... you may be a mall ninja :ph34r:

Triangle-barreled? I can't say I've seen or heard of one of those D: but then again, I've been totally out of the loop on Remington products anyway.

Well, if you plan on using it all that you put on it, and it actually serves a purpose it's fine. But if you're getting useless stuff and throwing it on every single gun you own... you may be a mall ninja :ph34r:

Triangle-barreled? I can't say I've seen or heard of one of those D: but then again, I've been totally out of the loop on Remington products anyway.

Here ya go. The Remington 700 vtr.

post-19191-0-61851400-1288834614_thumb.jpg

I use that pump shotty a lot, but now that I have an S-12, I'm gonna get a rifled barrel and slug gun it.

Here ya go. The Remington 700 vtr.

post-19191-0-61851400-1288834614_thumb.jpg

I use that pump shotty a lot, but now that I have an S-12, I'm gonna get a rifled barrel and slug gun it.

Ohhh! I thought you were talking about shotguns with a triangled-barrel, I was like wtf!