Herbert Schmidt .22lr SA revolver.

So I took this little gun apart, to fix the action, because it would only stay in the half-cocked position. However, after putting it all back together, the hammer doesn't stay cocked at all anymore, and the trigger pretty much swings freely. I examined all the parts, and none are actually damaged, so maybe I put it together wrong. Thoughts?

friend of my boss had one and it was ready to be a fishing weight, it had been a "boat gun" the only thing that wasn't rusted were the grips. bought a couple of springs and drilled and tapped some holes and got it back together. told the boss and the guns owner I don't want to see one again ever. really not a bad gun as new but this one was just too abused to feel like it was worth the time spent on it as a favor to the boss's friend (and he's kind of a jerk anyway (the friend not the boss)). :lolol:

friend of my boss had one and it was ready to be a fishing weight, it had been a "boat gun" the only thing that wasn't rusted were the grips. bought a couple of springs and drilled and tapped some holes and got it back together. told the boss and the guns owner I don't want to see one again ever. really not a bad gun as new but this one was just too abused to feel like it was worth the time spent on it as a favor to the boss's friend (and he's kind of a jerk anyway (the friend not the boss)). :lolol:

Well, from the way it looks right now, I'll have to replace the hammer as well as the trigger. Perhaps the trigger/bolt spring as well.

The total cost a for a new hammer, bolt, and trigger will run me $67.70, without shipping. What are these guns going for?? I've read somewhere $60-80. It's not worth paying for parts if you could just buy another gun for a few dollars more :cryss:

• 2 years later...

Hi newbe here, Need help with a Herbert Schmidt 22 lr revolver. Took it apart about 6 months ago due to a cracked frame. Finally located a frame but have 2 small coil springs left and can't remember proper placement. They belong somewhere in the trigger area because the trigger has no spring tension,just can't remember how they go back in. Can anyone assist in reassembly and possibly pictures please?