i loved fallout3 and was wondering what who has played the new vegas and how do you like it so far?i have been out of town and will not be able to play it till saturday.

It is fucking awesome. Not too much graphical improvement, but that's okay, because I love Fallout for its content. However, there's so much shit to do (literally) it's almost overwhelming, so many sides to pick, various types of ammo to use, reload your own ammo, etc... (I'll let you find out more on your own so I don't spoil it).

Not too much graphical improvement, <snip>

Fallout: New Vegas uses the same game engine as Fallout 3, so it's gonna look and play pretty much the same.

They just drew up a new map, and created a boatload of new quests, guns, characters, and other content.

Edited by nalioth

reload your own ammo!?!?!?!? :lolol:holy shit!....yeah overwhelming im sure for me.i love the open style of play but im horrible with decisions,just ask my wife :lolol: cant wait,thanks for the mind tease.now im even more curious :haha:

Heh, just wait till ya play it, you'll go nuts. If you've got trouble making decision, expect this game to test your ability even more. It's tougher to judge other characters and make the right choices (provided you're trying to be good) because they all seem good, but dig deeper and you'll see some are just flat out maniacal.

I just spent two days straight playing the game. Didn't even leave my place. It's a great game. I feel it's much more in the spirit of the older Fallout games than 3 was, though I liked 3. Much grittier and more wasteland instead of broken down urban areas. I'm happy with the game and there is a LOT to do in the game. You can either play the game serious (default) or you can take a perk that makes things... weirder. I just ran into a cave full of 'Rodents of Unusual Size'. All of your favorite beasties from Fallout 3 make an appearance, but there are new critters prowling the wastes, waiting for you to make a mistake.

The weapons are awesome and highly detailed. I just got my grubby paws on an M1 Garand in the game. They don't call it that, I think it's called something like 'The Machine'. All sorts of curious weapons make an appearance, from the Norinco lever action 20 gauge shotgun to the M3 Grease Gun. You can modify the guns too by finding upgrades. I'm becoming a sniper in my game. I've got a sniper rifle with carbon fiber stock (reduces weight) and a sound suppressor (vastly reduces noise). I've got a follower who's also a sniper, so he acts as spotter (literally, when you aim all the enemies glow red when he's around).

If you are on the fence, pick the game up. Support Bethesda, so they bring us more awesome games (which means buy the game new, buying used means the company doesn't see a dime).

• Like 2

Not too much graphical improvement, <snip>

Fallout: New Vegas uses the same game engine as Fallout 3, so it's gonna look and play pretty much the same.

They just drew up a new map, and created a boatload of new quests, guns, characters, and other content.

"Just"? Yep, it's the same engine as Fallout 3, which is more or less the same engine as Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Same engine does not = same game. New map, new quests, new weapons, characters... Yep, new game. The fact that it will play very similarly to Fallout 3 means they are giving their fans exactly what they want. If they dramatically changed the feel of the interface and gameplay, people who were expecting a sequel would be pissed, for the same reason that Chrono Trigger fans largely panned Chrono Cross.

I just spent two days straight playing the game. Didn't even leave my place. It's a great game. I feel it's much more in the spirit of the older Fallout games than 3 was, though I liked 3. Much grittier and more wasteland instead of broken down urban areas. I'm happy with the game and there is a LOT to do in the game. You can either play the game serious (default) or you can take a perk that makes things... weirder. I just ran into a cave full of 'Rodents of Unusual Size'. All of your favorite beasties from Fallout 3 make an appearance, but there are new critters prowling the wastes, waiting for you to make a mistake.The weapons are awesome and highly detailed. I just got my grubby paws on an M1 Garand in the game. They don't call it that, I think it's called something like 'The Machine'. All sorts of curious weapons make an appearance, from the Norinco lever action 20 gauge shotgun to the M3 Grease Gun. You can modify the guns too by finding upgrades. I'm becoming a sniper in my game. I've got a sniper rifle with carbon fiber stock (reduces weight) and a sound suppressor (vastly reduces noise). I've got a follower who's also a sniper, so he acts as spotter (literally, when you aim all the enemies glow red when he's around).If you are on the fence, pick the game up. Support Bethesda, so they bring us more awesome games (which means buy the game new, buying used means the company doesn't see a dime).

Yes!!! I love Boone! He's the best to have around it seems, it's like having Fawkes back in FO3, though he dies on me a lot at times. Where'd you get that M1?!! I'm stuck and don't know where to go next, haha, so many decisions to make.

im interested in this game but i dont really know what it is. what kind of game is it? im not up on games really anymore i quit playing games when i got tired of my dreamcast if that says anything and just got a 360 less than a yeat ago. since getting back into gaming i have only played FPS games, COD, BFBC. and was let down by MOH so im looking for something else to play.

i bought Red Dead redemption. it was supposed to be a huge open world game that was awesome but i thought it sucked! if i didnt like Red Dead would i not like this one or is it totally diffrent? any games that its similar to?

ETA sorry if this is a dumb question, i dont really feel like searching and reading all diffrent kinds of reviews to find out about it.

Edited by big-J

im interested in this game but i dont really know what it is. what kind of game is it? im not up on games really anymore i quit playing games when i got tired of my dreamcast if that says anything and just got a 360 less than a yeat ago. since getting back into gaming i have only played FPS games, COD, BFBC. and was let down by MOH so im looking for something else to play.

i bought Red Dead redemption. it was supposed to be a huge open world game that was awesome but i thought it sucked! if i didnt like Red Dead would i not like this one or is it totally diffrent? any games that its similar to?

ETA sorry if this is a dumb question, i dont really feel like searching and reading all diffrent kinds of reviews to find out about it.

Written by John Gonzalez,[10] Fallout: New Vegas takes place during the year 2281, four years after the estimated end of Fallout 3, and 204 years after the Great War of 2077, making this installment chronologically the latest in the series thus far.[11] The game is set in post-apocalyptic Las Vegas, Nevada and the Mojave Desert known as the "Mojave Wasteland" which is roughly the same size as the "Capital Wasteland" in Fallout 3.[11] Unlike other cities in the Fallout series, Las Vegas was not struck directly by a nuclear attack. Its buildings remain intact, and mutation of its inhabitants is minimal.[11] The city is divided between various factions, most notably the New California Republic (NCR), the slave-driving Caesar's Legion, and the various factions of New Vegas itself.[9][12] Landmarks featured in Fallout: New Vegas include the Hoover Dam that supplies power to the city[12] and the Helios 1 solar energy plant.[13]

The game places the player in the role of a courier.[12] While delivering a package with a platinum poker chip and NCR war documents to a town called Primm, the player is found in a shallow grave, having been shot in the head and left for dead. The Courier is rescued by a robot named Victor who brings him or her to Doctor Mitchell. Thereafter the player enters into character creation (defining skills and attributes, name, gender, age and appearance) before investigating the assassination attempt, recovering the stolen package, and exploring the world.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

(Sorry about the random #'s throughout the article. Straight copy/paste from Wiki.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOqnNrFzymY

Yes!!! I love Boone! He's the best to have around it seems, it's like having Fawkes back in FO3, though he dies on me a lot at times. Where'd you get that M1?!! I'm stuck and don't know where to go next, haha, so many decisions to make.

Go to Camp McCarren, the big NCR fort just south of New Vegas (old Vegas airport). There's a number of quests there. One of the minor quests (only appears in the notes) is that someone is stealing supplies and suspicion is on the supply NCO. If you hack his computer, you can find proof. Turn him in, and you'll get the weapon as a prize. Note: Buy all the .308 ammo you can afford from him prior to doing this because he's arrested. I haven't found anyone who takes over the supply duties, though I might just be missing them or going at the wrong times. There are a bunch of cool NCR quests there, including with Boone's old squad (though there's no interaction between them that I noticed), so if you've decided to side with NCR, go ahead and start doing these quests.

Play style and pacing, Fallout is similar to RDR. If you don't like exploring or taking initiative, this series really isn't for you. Stick with fast paced, linear FPSs or Action/Adventure games. This type of game requires a lot of motivation to explore the world they provide. If that sounds like something you're interested in, explain why you thought RDR sucked and maybe I can shed further light on the differences and similarities. Without details, it's hard to help you further. :)

Go to Camp McCarren, the big NCR fort just south of New Vegas (old Vegas airport). There's a number of quests there. One of the minor quests (only appears in the notes) is that someone is stealing supplies and suspicion is on the supply NCO. If you hack his computer, you can find proof. Turn him in, and you'll get the weapon as a prize. Note: Buy all the .308 ammo you can afford from him prior to doing this because he's arrested. I haven't found anyone who takes over the supply duties, though I might just be missing them or going at the wrong times. There are a bunch of cool NCR quests there, including with Boone's old squad (though there's no interaction between them that I noticed), so if you've decided to side with NCR, go ahead and start doing these quests.

Where is the supply NCO? Is he in the terminal building? Or around the camp?

ETA: Nevermind. Found him, bought the 900+ rounds of .308 he had and turned him in. That gun is sick.

Edited by VaiFanatic90

I pre ordered it from Game Stop and picked it up the day it came out. In the last few days, I've probably played about 12-15 hours total. Most of that was on the first day. Haven't done a ton of quests yet, but still enjoying myself.

Definitely a good game.

I pre ordered it from Game Stop and picked it up the day it came out. In the last few days, I've probably played about 12-15 hours total. Most of that was on the first day. Haven't done a ton of quests yet, but still enjoying myself.

Definitely a good game.

This Machine is fucking sick. That gun makes short work of nearly anything.

This Machine is fucking sick. That gun makes short work of nearly anything.

That's right. 'This Machine' is pretty awesome, though it's now been phased out of my arsenal (I'm keeping it stored in one of my hideouts). My three main weapons are the Sniper Rifle, the Lever-Action Shotgun (still waiting to replace it with a better shotgun), and That Gun (.223 revolver). The Sniper Rifle was the best investment I've yet made in the game, especially with the suppressor and carbon fiber stock (drops weight from 8 to 3). That said, This Machine was good to me and I carried it with me over the course of many battles.

thanks alot guys.seems like there are plenty of gamer/gunners out there.just picked up new vegas and getting ready to fire it up.should go ahead and get sucked into this before black ops hits the shelf :devil: hell we ought to have a catagory for gaming for as many of us that have this in common.maybe a moderator could start a list where we can list our saiga-12 user name and show your corresponding gamer tag name,and if your ps3 or 360.i get layed off in the winter(road construction)and do alot of gaming.cant wait for black ops :killer: .......well for now time to enter the world of fallout :smoke:

Ok, will I be lost in the story line if I haven't completed Fallout 3? I still have to finish freaking Oblivion.

No you won't be lost because you haven't finished (or even played) Fallout 3. New Vegas is set up to be played alone. If you have played the other games, you'll notice references to the previous games, but I've seen more references to Fallout 1 and 2 than 3, but you can't enjoy the game in its entirety without ever having played them.

If you do want to go back and play the previous Fallout games, the best was, hands down, 2 followed by 1, then 3. Do NOT play any of the Fallout games that were made between 2 and 3. There were a number of them (Brotherhood of Steel for example) but they all sucked and have largely been ignored by continuity.

Ok, will I be lost in the story line if I haven't completed Fallout 3? I still have to finish freaking Oblivion.

No you won't be lost because you haven't finished (or even played) Fallout 3. New Vegas is set up to be played alone. If you have played the other games, you'll notice references to the previous games, but I've seen more references to Fallout 1 and 2 than 3, but you can't enjoy the game in its entirety without ever having played them.

If you do want to go back and play the previous Fallout games, the best was, hands down, 2 followed by 1, then 3. Do NOT play any of the Fallout games that were made between 2 and 3. There were a number of them (Brotherhood of Steel for example) but they all sucked and have largely been ignored by continuity.

Roan, I'm trying to find that laser pistol that the Brotherhood guy lost. Where is it? Was it the one in the hollow rock? Cause if it was, I sold it.

damn you guys must be suffering from sleep deprevation.im about to help the ncr take down the prison and ive been playing since 7:30am.... :lolol: of course i take the time to check EVERYTHING and going on hardcore mode. :cryss:

I started on hardcore too, haha. I died several times from dehydration. I'd load, and fall over dead in 10 seconds XD Lucky for me I found a clean source of water nearby.

Roan, I'm trying to find that laser pistol that the Brotherhood guy lost. Where is it? Was it the one in the hollow rock? Cause if it was, I sold it.

*chuckles* I haven't found anyone living from the Brotherhood yet in New Vegas. Where did you find him? Unfortunately, I don't know anything about his quest. I did find an old abandoned Brotherhood bunker way out to the east, but it was largely empty but for a skill book.

I picked the game up the day it came out. That was followed by two solid days off where I did nothing but play Fallout New Vegas. I haven't been sleeping much since it came out. :) If I were going heavy weapons, one vendor I saw was selling a fully automatic grenade launcher. I was scared because I KNOW I'll face one eventually.

*chuckles* I haven't found anyone living from the Brotherhood yet in New Vegas. Where did you find him? Unfortunately, I don't know anything about his quest. I did find an old abandoned Brotherhood bunker way out to the east, but it was largely empty but for a skill book.

I picked the game up the day it came out. That was followed by two solid days off where I did nothing but play Fallout New Vegas. I haven't been sleeping much since it came out. :) If I were going heavy weapons, one vendor I saw was selling a fully automatic grenade launcher. I was scared because I KNOW I'll face one eventually.

It's not a direct quest, it's one of those side things. You'll find them in the Hidden Valley. There are several bunkers, but only one is the correct one.

Well, I found it. It's right in the middle of scorpion gulch. If you fast travel to it, it's right there around you on a rock, where you'll see a body. But beware, once you pick it up, more more scorp-scorps will be coming to sting you. Keep your AP rounds handy.

Well, I found it. It's right in the middle of scorpion gulch. If you fast travel to it, it's right there around you on a rock, where you'll see a body. But beware, once you pick it up, more more scorp-scorps will be coming to sting you. Keep your AP rounds handy.

I'm a little past worrying about radscorpions. :zorro: I tend to view them as annoying pests and blast away at them with my Lever-Action Shotgun. It helps that I have the Shotgun Surgeon perk, which removes a fully 10 Damage Threshold on the enemy when I use a shotgun. I tear through minor enemies with it while saving precious (and expensive) .308 ammo for important things. I'm relying on my Lever Action Shotgun more and more, though I think I'm going to upgrade to the Riot Shotgun in the near future. Shotguns are great for dealing with closer, less threatening targets.

I'm a little past worrying about radscorpions. :zorro: I tend to view them as annoying pests and blast away at them with my Lever-Action Shotgun. It helps that I have the Shotgun Surgeon perk, which removes a fully 10 Damage Threshold on the enemy when I use a shotgun. I tear through minor enemies with it while saving precious (and expensive) .308 ammo for important things. I'm relying on my Lever Action Shotgun more and more, though I think I'm going to upgrade to the Riot Shotgun in the near future. Shotguns are great for dealing with closer, less threatening targets.

I've got so much .308 ammo, it's ridiculous. Are you playing on 360 or PS3?

I've got so much .308 ammo, it's ridiculous. Are you playing on 360 or PS3?

I USED to have a lot of .308 until I got my paws on This Machine followed by the Sniper Rifle. :) I made the mistake of turning in the NCR supply sgt. before buying lots of ammo, so I don't have an easy resupply. Using the Lever-Action Shotgun has alleviated some of the strain on my ammo supply, since I could care less how much 20 gauge ammo I burn through as I can always upgrade to a 12 gauge when it gets low.

I'm playing on the PS3. I had Fallout 3 for the PS3. I almost picked it up for PC instead, but decided against it largely because I wanted to pick up the special edition with all the cool swag (and to support Bethesda). I don't own an XBOX and I'm more a PC gamer at heart, so one console is fine. Of course, I seem to be in the vast minority for my PS3 choice, but the PS2 built of massive amounts of brand loyalty to me. The PS3 has been a bit rockier, with good and bad in equal measure.

I'm playing on the PS3. I had Fallout 3 for the PS3. I almost picked it up for PC instead, but decided against it largely because I wanted to pick up the special edition with all the cool swag (and to support Bethesda).

You're probably gonna regret not buying the PC version (which would still support Bethesda).

New Vegas Nexus offers mods for the PC version that'll keep the game fresh for a long, long time.

I'm still playing new stuff from Fallout 3 Nexus in Fallout 3 on my PC.

Once you finish all the quests on a console, you're stuck with a shiny disk. On a PC, the mods keep coming . . .