When moving FCG forward what prevents use of bolt hold open?

Yes.

Altho that can easily be overcome. Take your stock hammer and measure the width of the boss with a dial caliper, then trim down your new hammer to match it. You'll notice that one side is shorter then the other.

Dont forget to chamfer the edges inside and out on the new hammer, to remove all burrs and for a little smoother operation.

I did it on my S12 and will eventually do it on my iz132 just to have it. Its a nice feature to keep IMO.

Yes.

Altho that can easily be overcome. Take your stock hammer and measure the width of the boss with a dial caliper, then trim down your new hammer to match it. You'll notice that one side is shorter then the other.

Dont forget to chamfer the edges inside and out on the new hammer, to remove all burrs and for a little smoother operation.

I did it on my S12 and will eventually do it on my iz132 just to have it. Its a nice feature to keep IMO.

I got a kit from CSS, that may already be modified for it, and yes it is a nice feature for when you are at the range where rules require the bolt to be held open.

If you keep it, make sure the BHO is notched so that the spring leg stays on it. I pulled my BHO out on my first range trip before even converting my S12. Damn thing kept sticking up inside of the receiver every few rounds, preventing the shotgun from operating. Had to pull it back down with needle nose pliers and a screwdriver pushing it from the inside.. it's gone for good. :ded: Don't know if it's a problem on the rifles, but I kept it out of my 7.62x39 as well.

Edited by KC913