Need Help to Tacticool 870/NEF Pardner..

I have a nice NEF/H&R Pardner Pump and I have a 2 shot extension tube I'm getting in tommorrow..

I read I have remove the DIMPLES from the existing TUBE to make this work..

What are they talking about?? do they mean the little dents in the side near the top??

post-8775-079997000 1287795826_thumb.jpg

How do / did you remove them?? just drill them out??

I'd appreciate some help.. if anyone has done this MOD..

Al

Ok.. so.. the socket trick OVER expanded the thread area to the point the factory CAP and/or the new ext. tube would not screw on...

:cryss:

Then I managed to get the Ext Tube a little on and decided to re-install the bbl and then just put the tube on.. (ala cross threaded if need be).

Then the bbl would not GO OVER the OVER expanded tube..

Then I had to BEAT that off to save the bbl..

post-8775-097222000 1287861056_thumb.jpg

The magazine tube appears to be pressed into the receiver.. so this shotgun is now just parts..

If anyone wants to buy a Pardner Pump 12' w/2 34" & 3" chamber please check the WTS section..

It will need a new magazine tube..

So next time (if there is one) I will go with just cutting the dimples.. and f'k the socket trick.

Al

Edited by YWHIC

got it for sale down in the WTS section.. very upsetting man.. :cryss:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59353

should have known.. day was going SOOO smoothe..

went to bfast with mom and visited old friend and went home to do this SIMPLE thing..

Someone with a small shop can fix this.. but I can't.. and I am sick over it.. :ded:

I figure the internals from what I read are the same as the 870 and the bbl can be used with an 870 with some small mod..

Hopefully someone will buy it and fix it or use the parts.. I need to recoup some of this..

SOOOOO f'king stressed out.. my jaw even hurts..

The magazine tube looks like a piece of conduit with one end threaded to me. Don't know how difficult it is to get out of the receiver, or how many oddities or modifications there are to the tube(factory) I have never seen one up close. Doesn't look to serious to repair to me, but I am looking at it from many years of machining under my belt. Closer pics of the entire tube maybe and where it goes into the receiver. I am pretty sure it is one diameter from one end to the other, but maybe the tubing itself is an odd size in reference to OD and ID. Looks like some mandrel drawn cold rolled tubing to me.

If you could get the mag tube out pretty easily (or with significant swearing), order a length of tubing that the shells will go in and make one turn with the lathe on the receiver end and cut the threads on the other.

I do not have a machine shop or any real tools.. no bench, no drill press, no vise, no nothing..

I own vise-grip, pliers, sockets, & a hammer.. thats it..

maybe someone could cut the tube (where I basically did already) thread that part of it and just attach a new section and do as you said with rethreading the 'add-on' piece. it is THIN tube type (like conduit).

I'm at such a LOSS right now.

Al

I do not have a machine shop or any real tools.. no bench, no drill press, no vise, no nothing..

I own vise-grip, pliers, sockets, & a hammer.. thats it..

maybe someone could cut the tube (where I basically did already) thread that part of it and just attach a new section and do as you said with rethreading the 'add-on' piece. it is THIN tube type (like conduit).

I'm at such a LOSS right now.

Al

Pics of where it goes into the receiver and of the entire naked tube?

Stan..

here is the pic of the receiver side..

post-8775-066926200 1287967835_thumb.jpg

It definately looks pressed in or something.

I think someone with about 1-2" of correct 'tubing' could either:

cut & rethread this (the mag tube end I messed up) and just add a small extension piece and be done..

cut & weld a new small piece (to the mag tube end) and just thread the end to accept the factory cap or extension tube..

I don't have a threading kit or welder here.. or a vise to pull this out or a press to put it back in (if needed)..

If you want it to fix and play with I have it for $80 in the WTS section..

The welding of an add-on would be the fastest way IMHO.

Al

Stan..

here is the pic of the receiver side..

post-8775-066926200 1287967835_thumb.jpg

It definately looks pressed in or something.

I think someone with about 1-2" of correct 'tubing' could either:

cut & rethread this (the mag tube end I messed up) and just add a small extension piece and be done..

cut & weld a new small piece (to the mag tube end) and just thread the end to accept the factory cap or extension tube..

I don't have a threading kit or welder here.. or a vise to pull this out or a press to put it back in (if needed)..

If you want it to fix and play with I have it for $80 in the WTS section..

The welding of an add-on would be the fastest way IMHO.

Al

That's kind of what I was getting at. I was trying to help you do it on one hand, and seeing if it was worth me getting and fixing. I can't really tell what it looks like where the tube goes into the receiver, or what the tube itself has done to it from the factory. IE lugs, slots, holes, etc...

I plan on going to look at one and do some research tomorrow and I will let you know if I want it.

Thanks.

If you can get it cut down and re-threaded, then you could just use a 870 mag extension.

Not sure what the longest available is.

Have a smith give you an estimate before you dump it.

Edit: Saw that it's sold. Better luck to you on the next one. :)

Edited by Spartacus

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier. I turned my 870 Wingmaster into a tacticool beast with a full length-10rd total tube, pistol grip pump, speed feed butt stock. Next time, just dremmel out the dimples. Removing the fore grip sucks too, it's glued on, I had to shred mine to get it off. Good luck on the next one.