So Let me get this straight...922r question

You did not mention a bullet guide nor foregrip et al in your original post.

The trip factor on 922r is what? Pistol grip/larger (capacity above 10 rounds) magazine?

Not bullet guides nor foregrips.

So trying to read your mind here...I assume your wanting to go with a larger capacity magazine?

Muzzle attachment doesnt count towards compliance. Piston does. Replacing a Russian foregrip with a Bulgarian foregrip nets you nada for compliance. So you need three more compliant parts to change out here. US Made magazine is three parts. FCG is three parts. Butt stock would be one part.

Here....this may help you friend....

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Edited by The Sarge

922r is tripped as soon as you modify it to "non sporting" .

So making it take large caps would do it.

Currently Im running stock saiga, besides a bullet guide and 30 rounds, I want to get it complience asap without doing a conversion (again, the CA mag droping issue)

Ive herd a few conflicting views on mags covering it, since once they are dropped its "out of compliance".

Wasnt sure about hte muzzle break, that was the one I was worrying about. I ran it though that calculator, along with a couple others, and it counted the muzzle break. Im guessing on a saiga it wont count since it originaly doesnt have one?

Looks like Ill have to go with a US foregrip also. Meh.

Thanks for the insight

As long as I have a non converted Saiga, If I have a US made piston, and a US made Muzzle attachment, with tapco mags, im GTG?

Yes you're GTG, just be aware that the Tapco mags will need to be modified to fit on the Saiga.....

the mags are modified, click in and feed well.

Edited by zfields

922r is tripped as soon as you modify it to "non sporting" .

So making it take large caps would do it.

Currently Im running stock saiga, besides a bullet guide and 30 rounds, I want to get it complience asap without doing a conversion (again, the CA mag droping issue)

Ive herd a few conflicting views on mags covering it, since once they are dropped its "out of compliance".

Wasnt sure about hte muzzle break, that was the one I was worrying about. I ran it though that calculator, along with a couple others, and it counted the muzzle break. Im guessing on a saiga it wont count since it originaly doesnt have one?

Looks like Ill have to go with a US foregrip also. Meh.

Thanks for the insight

Correct I just did not say anything because you stated you where going to change out the GP.... If you did not put a muzzle brake on the parts count would be 14 since you put one on it changes to 15....

No need to add a PG, and a PG does not count as a compliance part....

Mag = 3 parts

GP = 1 part

Brake = 1 part

total 5 - 15 = 10 or less you are GTG

Edited by 308saiga

sounds good, thanks.

I will be eventualy converting it, just not while i live in CA

Commiefornia? You can not even use the Tapco mags.... They have a 10 round "Fixed MAG" limit on magazines, putting a 30 round mag on will violate State law.......

Not to stir the pot here, but adding a muzzle device makes the rifle a non-sporting firearm - 922r will then apply. Stick with your 10-round mags and have fun. Treat the rifle like a poor-man's M14. There are several excellent examples of this style firearm on this site. As I recall a muzzle device, >10-round mags and a pistol grip were all things that are considered, "non-sporting."

JG

Not to stir the pot here, but adding a muzzle device makes the rifle a non-sporting firearm - 922r will then apply. Stick with your 10-round mags and have fun. Treat the rifle like a poor-man's M14. There are several excellent examples of this style firearm on this site. As I recall a muzzle device, >10-round mags and a pistol grip were all things that are considered, "non-sporting."

JG

If he has 10 or less parts he is fine, he stated he was putting a Tapco mag on it which would make it illegal by State laws, then states that he is going to put a pre-ban mag on which will make it non 922r compliant unless he changes out more parts....

Go figure....

As long as I have a non converted Saiga, If I have a US made piston, and a US made Muzzle attachment, with tapco mags, im GTG?

Yes you're GTG, just be aware that the Tapco mags will need to be modified to fit on the Saiga.....

the mags are modified, click in and feed well.

x2 on my 7.62, my mags work well out of the box.