Damaged 20 rd Drum

Saiga GURU'S

At the range today was careless and dropped my MD 20rd Drum, i looked it over and just noticed a few scratches. when i started to shoot the top piece came apart (pics enclosed)...is this fixable, or am i Poop out of luck!?... any advice would be appreciated THANK YOU!!!![/b]

post-13659-056973100 1287875332_thumb.jpg

post-13659-050072300 1287875333_thumb.jpg

post-13659-038503300 1287875334_thumb.jpg

post-13659-039382600 1287875335_thumb.jpg

post-13659-040508400 1287875336_thumb.jpg

If it were me I would contact Mike Davidson directly and see if there is anything he can do. If this happened as you described I don't think this particular drum would meet his standard of quality.

This ^^^

You'll find that the Site Vendors take awesome care of their customers.

If it were me I would contact Mike Davidson directly and see if there is anything he can do. If this happened as you described I don't think this particular drum would meet his standard of quality.

It's a great product,i contacted Mr. Davidson have no problem purchasing another drum ....maybe it can be fixed Thank you

WOW what? Folks are surprised, this is highly unusual.

These are built like tanks, have endured some serious torture tests and been subject to the none too tender mercies of such as myself.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=30164

Just contact Mike, my bet is he replaces it.

Edited by ChileRelleno

? I am certainly uncertain about this.unsure.gif

i'm thinking it would've been better to just purchase a new one, then ask for some advice WOW.....

Yes wow. I am still trying to get my head around this one. Maybe too much filing in the wrong areas?

WOW what? Folks are surprised, this is highly unusual.

These are built like tanks, have endured some serious torture tests and been subject to the none too tender mercies of such as myself.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=30164

Just contact Mike, my bet is he replaces it.

You obviously did something very, very badly, or something very, very, silly.

I remain certainly uncertain about how you broke the metal tab. I could maybe, possibly, perhaps, but I doubt it, believe the tab broke at the corner.

But below the corner 1/16th of an inch?

Dunno.

Wow, sure you didn't drop the drum with your S12 attached?

Gentlemen...Thank you for answering or giving advice LMAO,not trying to get beat up for asking a question.. it's a great product, not questioning it's durability,the craftmanship, wrote Mr. Davidson, not asking for a handout, don't want anything for free and no biggie i'll purchase a new one.....i was just thinking with the vast knowledge of SAIGA"S owners here if i used some type of epoxy, glue,Duct tape would it work... Thank You

See what Mike says. He can probably weld some plastic back on it and make it as good as new, or he may have something else in mind. If you have the other piece you could possibly do it yourself, or worst case just have to buy a new one. I wouldn't trust glue, tape, or anything like that. I'm sure the recoil of the S12 would break any glue bond or tape that you put on it.

..i was just thinking with the vast knowledge of SAIGA"S owners here if i used some type of epoxy, glue,Duct tape would it work...

No, not really. I do know that this type of material can be "welded" but that takes special equipment.

..i was just thinking with the vast knowledge of SAIGA"S owners here if i used some type of epoxy, glue,Duct tape would it work...

No, not really. I do know that this type of material can be "welded" but that takes special equipment.

thank you.....

See what Mike says. He can probably weld some plastic back on it and make it as good as new, or he may have something else in mind. If you have the other piece you could possibly do it yourself, or worst case just have to buy a new one. I wouldn't trust glue, tape, or anything like that. I'm sure the recoil of the S12 would break any glue bond or tape that you put on it.

Hey Mr. Taylor,

Mr. Davidson replied to my e-mail, told me to send it to him he'll see what he can do..... Thank ,You!!!!