Red dot and rail cover ???s

Now that I have the Chaos extended quad rail with the HK sights, I have been looking for an optic that would co-witness fairly well. The Primary Arms Gen7 red dot looks good in that it mounts very low on the rails. Would this work?

Also, will the Magpul XTM rail covers work on the Chaos rails?

Now that I have the Chaos extended quad rail with the HK sights, I have been looking for an optic that would co-witness fairly well. The Primary Arms Gen7 red dot looks good in that it mounts very low on the rails. Would this work?

I would imagine any rail cover/ladder will work, the rail is 1913 mil-spec.

On a related note, how many rail spaces is it, top bottom and sides? Mine arrived, but I'm out of town and would like to get the ball rolling on some ladders for it.

It's top bottom and sides. I did have a full ladder panel laying around and tried it. You can cover all but one notch with one ladder panel on the L/R sides and bottom. On the top you have seven notches exposed using one ladder panel if you have Cameron's HK sights installed as I do. So three would cover 90% of the rails. Maybe buy one more to cut up and use for the remaining notches.

I have the magpul rail covers on mine and they fit perfect. Don't know about the optics though.

Outstanding, thanks.

Edited by RABIDFOX50

Just got home and installed my Chaos rail with sights, and it's great! I also took my Primary Arms RDS (Gen 1, but very similar to the Gen 7) off my Draco, and it co-witnesses on the S12. I'll be getting a Gen 7 soon as my Gen 1 has survive over 2500 rounds on my Draco!

Edited by mammynun

Just got home and installed my Chaos rail with sights, and it's great! I also took my Primary Arms RDS (Gen 1, but very similar to the Gen 7) off my Draco, and it co-witnesses on the S12. I'll be getting a Gen 7 soon as my Gen 1 has survive over 2500 rounds on my Draco!

Oh man, good to hear. The Gen7 should work then. As a side note, I ordered some TXM covers and they do in fact fit the Chaos rail perfect.

I'm ordering the Primary Arms Gen7 dt on Monday. :super: