I just bought a Saiga 12. However, I live in MD and have to wait 7 days before I can bring it home. I've been looking around the forum and appreciate all the information that is gathered. I did order a box full of stuff from Carolina Shooters Supply to convert it.

I'm a motorcycle mechanic, so I love the idea of having a gun that you can work on this much, like my Ruger.

The amount of parts available is overwhelming, I bet most of you have a box full of "did not works" from your guns. I'm replacing a Mossberg 500, and when the opportunity came, I took it. I've always seen these things on various forums and never thought I'd be able to get one. Some times you just have to say fuck it and do it. This will 'officially' be a home defense piece as far as the wife is concerned, but the simple fact is, I wanted it. So what if it can do the job, what's wrong with that? (Luckily she doesn't go shopping for shotguns)

I'll through up a few pics just for introduction. I'll be asking all kinds of question's so bear with me ("Search" can only do so much)

What it's replacing:

DSC03185.jpg

XD9

DSC03044.jpg

Ruger 22/45

DSC03344.jpg

My lovely wife and "her" XD-9

1004091421a-2.jpg

A big Welcome to ya Johnny, and to your lovely lady.

She has good taste, the XD9 is a fine pistol, and just happens to be my EDC.

I'm sure you'll find the S12 will meet and exceed your expectations.

You've got some nice pieces, I hope you didn't sell them to get the S-12, not that it isn't worth it, but the more people that have guns in that dreaded "bump-in-the-night" situation the better off you are...

I didn't replace my Mossy 500 security (nice one by-the-way, who did your park on it?), I simply handed it down to the wife to keep on her side of the bed next to her pistol that is functionally identical to mine and her double-barrel 12 gauge...

I'll try to look for your posts, in the last few months on this forum I've learned that there is a lot of knowledge here, and I've picked up on some of it. With that being said, I wouldn't trust the S-12 until I've ran a couple hundred rounds of 00 Buck or slugs through it. You can cycle it by hand in front of the TV but seriously, after about the 20th time you get "that look" from the wife while she's trying to watch her show, and you get the hint that you should probably just go to the range instead. I'd go outside and run the bolt by hand but I'm sure everyone in my apartment complex would think that I'm crazy... :lolol:

I sold the Mossberg and gained the 22/45, which is great for the whole family. I saw the Mossberg getting dusty, but as soon as I didn't have a shotgun, I knew I needed to replace it. I was considering everything from a cut down Stoeger Coach gun, to just another M-500, but I had the opportunity to get the S12, so I did. I thought I wanted an AR15, until I shot one and realized that its just not that practical for me.