I'm glad my safe of bolted into the concret and surrounded by TONS of crap. Yeah my garage is messy but it serves a purpose. :beer:

Box the side & top in with cinderblock & it will be harder to cut into with a $10.00 harbor frieght angle grinder. :up:

My buddy's step-dad had his Fort-Knox safe in his shop....

The tweeker that smacked his HUGE German Shepard (named Oliver North ^_^) into submission by smacking him upside the head with a 2x4, then proceded to cut into the safe had no problem being as he had time.

The story is from last year, folks.

September, 2009 from the byline in the story.

I've seen guns deteriorate over time, but not that fast...

I'd say the story is still relevant.

You know...

Come to think about it...

I've never seen an officer arm an alarm on a cruiser... :unsure:

Or remove a rifle from his trunk... They all have them.

Talk about easy pickin's.

Edited by Paulyski

Did you miss the byline?

Clayton County News 6:50 p.m. Monday, September 7, 2009

I don't think it matters "when" this happen. It is the fact that some douch rocket, scum bag is has his hands on toys he/she shouldn't.

Did you miss the byline?

Clayton County News 6:50 p.m. Monday, September 7, 2009

I don't think it matters "when" this happen. It is the fact that some douch rocket, scum bag is has his hands on toys he/she shouldn't.

. . and you don't stop to think that the media isn't going to report that the weapon was found (if it was)?

They may have recovered the weapon the next day, but the media wouldn't report that. Oh no, they have other fear-mongering to do instead.

You know the media only reports stuff to scare folks, and rarely (if ever) reports "weapon found" stuff (to better keep the sheep quaking under their bedcovers).

They're fear-mongering, and so are you for reposting a year-old news story w/o calling the Clayton Co. offices and finding out if the weapon was recovered.

A lot can happen in a year.

• Like 1

There was an incident like this that I also read about, turned out to be an inside job. Who knows if this was even a "gangster." Besides aren't a lot of police AR-15's semi auto anyway? I know the old story says "machine gun" but they call a BB gun a machine gun if they feel like it. In most states a criminal would have no problem getting one of those rifle through regular commercial channels anyway.

this happens ALOT in the US.. alot is WASHED under the bridge..

I HIGHLY doubt the po-po recovered it or I am sure they would pressure to press to state they 'found it'..

This happend recently in VA I think also..

some home invaders use stolen or retired badges also.. hard to tell whos-who..

Al

You know...

Come to think about it...

I've never seen an officer arm an alarm on a cruiser... :unsure:

Or remove a rifle from his trunk... They all have them.

Talk about easy pickin's.

I know for fact that the county police down here don't remove their long guns from their trunk............even though they have take-home cars and park them at home. Kinda risky, IMHO. Especially when every other call my buddy gets down here is about some shithead breaking into someone's car.

All locks do is keep out the "honest" crooks, ie oppertunist that would not bother if it wasn't quick and easy. Someone with sincere intent IS going to get in if they really want to.

I've stopped leaving firearms in my truck overnite/long term, even in the little lock box I use while shoeing. It'll be bad enough when they break in and take my shoeing tools, etc. I don't want anyone holding me responsible for someone else shooting someone with my STOLEN weapon. At least the tools are insured.

These days it's not if it'll happen, it's when.

As for relevance, if they've been getting ballsy with the cops, a year ago, whats changed in the last year? I think things are worse now and going to get even moreso in the future. It's a good discussion starter. Follow up info would be good though.

Not a good idea to leave stuff in your car. That said locks really do only keep honest people honest. Be interesting to see how much LE equipment goes missing and how much of it has been recovered.

Odds are the stuff got sold on the black market to fund operations or is sitting in a thugs closet for the next hit.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this one, but here goes. The weapons were stolen out of the back of a marked patrol vehicle belonging to a SWAT member with that department. Several of the responsible parties have been apprehended and all of them are gang members. They tore the crap out of the car during the process of getting the guns out of the trunk area of the vehicle. Both of the weapons were select fire, but the Bushmaster has been recovered. The MP5 is still missing and according to one of the members responsible for the theft, it will never be recovered. Seems that they figured that it was just toooooo hot for them to handle and was deposited in a lake for a cool down. Only one problem, he can't remember which lake it was thrown into at the time due to some extra heavy self medication.

The department has taken some serious extra steps to prevent this type of thing from happening again in the future.

The MP5 is still missing and according to one of the members responsible for the theft, it will never be recovered. Seems that they figured that it was just toooooo hot for them to handle and was deposited in a lake for a cool down. Only one problem, he can't remember which lake it was thrown into at the time due to some extra heavy self medication.

Translation:

"We used it in a drive-by & cut it into tiny pieces or melted it down...

Any extra time we get for the gun not being found is chump-change compared to a murder-rap, so fuck-you, it's in a lake somewhere, but I don't remember where cuz I was loaded."