CA legal & 922R Compliant 7.62 X39

Hello,

I'm new to the Saiga firearms and new to high caliber rifles so I'm in need of some information. I'm in the process of purchasing a Saiga 7.62 X39. My plans are to keep it stock aside from a UTG fore end and Surefire 10 rd magazines. I was just wondering if these two items with it's stock components would keep me CA legal and 922R compliant. I'm not too worried about CA Legal, my understanding of the law says that's not a problem. However, with only the Surefire mags and the UTG fore end installed, I'm concerned about the 922R compliance, is this enough or do I need to swap out the trigger/ trigger assembly and/or the gas piston as well? Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The only time that 922r compliance comes into effect is when you install a pistol grip or a hi-cap mag, anything over 10 rounds... Other then that you will have to check your local State laws to see if it violates any of their laws, I do not believe that it does, sounds like you are OK.....

As long as you don't put a vertical grip on it, you should be compliant. From our experience with CA, many CA dealers will not transfer the Saiga rifles unless they put a magazine lock on the gun.

Hello,

I'm new to the Saiga firearms and new to high caliber rifles so I'm in need of some information. I'm in the process of purchasing a Saiga 7.62 X39. My plans are to keep it stock aside from a UTG fore end and Surefire 10 rd magazines. I was just wondering if these two items with it's stock components would keep me CA legal and 922R compliant. I'm not too worried about CA Legal, my understanding of the law says that's not a problem. However, with only the Surefire mags and the UTG fore end installed, I'm concerned about the 922R compliance, is this enough or do I need to swap out the trigger/ trigger assembly and/or the gas piston as well? Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just bought mine a few weeks ago, and o bullet button. I have one, because I am doing a conversion, but no, you can get one without the bullet button. My understanding is that in factory configuration, you don't need one. I personally would err on the side of caution, and replace enough parts to be sure. My conversion, as I understand it, I only have 6 parts. I put on a ATI Draugnov style stock and foregrip set. Also, Tapco G2, and US mags. I am adding a muzzlebrake, but the one I chose is made in the US. So, even if I use imported mags, by my count, I'm still at 9. It's easy to get enough parts. It's not easy to get outta trouble with Johnny Law.