You added some kind of left handed charging handle to this abortion??? cant tell from the picture. I say cast this unto the fires where it belongs!!! :haha:

Dunno about a charging handle, cant tell. Looks like it still has a barrel shroud judging by the difference in size of the barrel and some kind of funky rail up top. Is it "special needs"?:angel:

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

You added some kind of left handed charging handle to this abortion??? cant tell from the picture. I say cast this unto the fires where it belongs!!! :haha:

I can't see a left side charging handle...

I think he's refering to the added rail on top of the dust cover so you can slit your left wrist while reaching over to charge the weapon.

AK001.jpg

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 3

Ok, enough with the smart ass answers

I removed the rear sight so that I could reverse the top of the UTG Quad Rail.

I'm going to replace the rear cover rail with this to create an AK Flat Top so I can install a Primary Arms Red Dot with some BUIS

DSC02892.JPG

Edited by Boba Debt

I'm going to replace the rear cover rail with this to create an AK Flat Top so I can install a Primary Arms Red Dot with some BUIS

DSC02892.JPG

Boba, have you considered the rear rail that texas weapons systems offers? its not my cup-o-tea, but I think it would fit with your theme.

Sorry... ^_^

Just had to... :angel: It was the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw that edge at the rear.

DSC02892.JPG

That'd work.

2c.gifI think it'll look pretty cool when its done. I never really liked the traditional AK sights. Ive always wanted an AK with FSB/GB and a H&K rear sight on the dust cover. Keep it up man, You're giving the AK a little bit of flavor that some of these crotchity old guys can't handle.032.gif

DSC02892.JPG

Not trying to be a smart ass Boba, but you've hosed yourself I think. That rail from CSS you plan to mount... Doesn't it mount in front to the rear sight leaf pivot mount? What, you plan on "Rube Goldberg"ing that too?

Good idea, admittedly... I just don't know about this option. I think I'd weld a rail on the dust cover before I went the route you intend to. This platform just doesn't lend itself to BUIS in a "conventional" sense, no matter what you do.

DSC02892.JPG

Not trying to be a smart ass Boba, but you've hosed yourself I think. That rail from CSS you plan to mount... Doesn't it mount in front to the rear sight leaf pivot mount? What, you plan on "Rube Goldberg"ing that too?

Good idea, admittedly... I just don't know about this option. I think I'd weld a rail on the dust cover before I went the route you intend to. This platform just doesn't lend itself to BUIS in a "conventional" sense, no matter what you do.

It's hard to tell, but I think he just removed the rear sight leaf, leaving the front sight leaf holes that that rail installs to in tact...

However, he'll have to shorten the rail above the RSB to make the hinged rail swing up.

Something that might be interesting, would be to modify the front channel that accepts the dust cover a touch, modify the rear of that rail that attaches to the sight leaf's holes, permently attach that rail to the dust cover... & Eureka!!!

A hinged, railed dust cover. :up:

Edited by Paulyski

Me personally? I still insist on pretty permanently attached, (not rail-mounted), iron sights. If the FSB is missing altogether, it's a no go!

Not quite, your still thinking inside the box. He could still attach a front sight to that gas block. chopped AK, AR, or H&K sights once welded would work.

Not that thats where he is going with this, I'm just saying theres other options out there.

Rube Goldberg's Self-Operating Napkin

post-6253-0-68963800-1288198949_thumb.gif

"Rube Goldberg walks in his sleep, strolls through a cactus field in his bare feet, and screams out an idea for self-operating napkin: As you raise spoon of soup (A) to your mouth it pulls string (B), thereby jerking ladle © which throws cracker (D) past parrot (E). Parrot jumps after cracker and perch (F) tilts, upsetting seeds (G) into pail (H). Extra weight in pail pulls cord (I), which opens and lights automatic cigar lighter (J), setting off sky-rocket (K) which causes sickle (L) to cut string (M) and allow pendulum with attached napkin to swing back and forth thereby wiping off your chin. After the meal, substitute a harmonica for the napkin and you'll be able to entertain the guests with a little music"

All in good humor.:angel: