Quad Rail Install Questions

I'm having issues getting the quad rail to fit properly on my s12. I had no problem knocking out the rear sight. I had to make the rear keyhole larger, there was a block on each side of it making it smaller than what would fit. I compared the quad rail key to a tri-rail key I had and the chaos is bigger.

I got it to go on, the problem is the top half of the rail is not centered with the front sight, and it seems like it might not be as low as it could go. When you try to aim with the chaos H&K style sights, it's pretty obvious it's not centered as well. I can't find any pictures close enough to show how it should look when fitted properly.

Any ideas?

I'm having issues getting the quad rail to fit properly on my s12. I had no problem knocking out the rear sight. I had to make the rear keyhole larger, there was a block on each side of it making it smaller than what would fit. I compared the quad rail key to a tri-rail key I had and the chaos is bigger.

I got it to go on, the problem is the top half of the rail is not centered with the front sight, and it seems like it might not be as low as it could go. When you try to aim with the chaos H&K style sights, it's pretty obvious it's not centered as well. I can't find any pictures close enough to show how it should look when fitted properly.

Any ideas?

Did you install the forearm screw back in?

Any ideas?

Did you install the forearm screw back in?

Yes, what I described is after all provided hardware has been used. So it's fully assembled.

Sounds like your front gas block is turned, just by the way you're describing your issues. If this is case, and sounds like it is, you'll have to straighten out the gas block. Pics will help a lot.

Sounds like your front gas block is turned, just by the way you're describing your issues. If this is case, and sounds like it is, you'll have to straighten out the gas block. Pics will help a lot.

That would make sense actually. These are the best pics I could come up with, all I have is a camera on my phone but it's still decent. Thanks for the help so far, let me know what you think:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4645660/IMG_20101026_165340.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4645660/IMG_20101026_165334.jpg

• 1 month later...

It looks like the bottom of the rail is canted, remove the top rail and take a pic and post it, make sure the camera is pointing straight down the barrel...... Just seems like you can loosen the bottom and move it to the right which will make the top move to the left.....