Before I get flamed, I used search and nothing came up...

I would like to keep my SAIGA close when I am sleeping or at home (but I want it out of sight for others), there is a wall behind my bedroom door that would conceal the gun when the door is open. My issue is I cannot find anything on the market that would hold the gun securely in place and is also lockable (padlock, combo, whatever).

Any ideas? What do others here use? Do I need to make it myself?

Thanks...

Sorry, not really what you're looking for but this looks cool. Your comforter could conceal it and you could cable it to an iron bed when not needed...

I think this would best fit the OP's needs. But I'd bet you, or someone you know, could fabricate something identical for cheaper than $70.

EDIT: Or you could be like BobAsh and put an 8" S12 under your pillow! :D

Edited by -Shooter-

Just drill 2 holes in your wall (in the studs) and insert 2 short wooden dowels. Instant gun rack for less than $2 bucks.

Even better is to LEAN the gun AGAINST the WALL. This "Leaning" technique is new and you may be unfamiliar with it, but I have used it before without issue.

As for locking, that is for when I am not at home and that is why I use a safe. When I am home, my gun is ready, loaded and unlocked.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 4

Before I get flamed, I used search and nothing came up...

I would like to keep my SAIGA close when I am sleeping or at home (but I want it out of sight for others), there is a wall behind my bedroom door that would conceal the gun when the door is open. My issue is I cannot find anything on the market that would hold the gun securely in place and is also lockable (padlock, combo, whatever).

Any ideas? What do others here use? Do I need to make it myself?

Thanks...

Your request makes no sense.

You want your gun close when you are sleeping or at home, but you want it locked up?

How is that going to do anything for you? If it's locked up, it might as well be locked up in a safe or a gun case.

In my case, I use the principles of physics to lean the rifle against the corner behind the door. It works well, and is free of charge (doesn't lock, though).

I cant lean it against the wall because I have a dog and he is curious and has already knocked it down a few times when I tried this in the past. As for my request not making sense...let me clarify. I don't want to lock it when I am home or sleeping. I want to be able to lock it if I have company over (curious kids?)sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post... I keep it locked up and out of the way when I am not home, so I am just looking for something that gives me options when I am home.

Thanks for the overall feedback, I think I am just going to make something myself...

lito820,

I like this one. It doesn't come with a lock, but it shouldn't be too hard to mod some way to secure it for when you're not home. You can get it at Sportsman's Guide for about $80.

Regards,

Sapper

168554_ts.JPG?cvt=jpeg

168554i_ts.JPG?cvt=jpeg

Edited by Sapper

Here's what I did. Was cheap and easy. Two strips of masonite finished plywood, 3" deck screws, with pieces of tubing cut for the screws to run through. Works great for easy quick access to any one of em, and I can lock them in my safe anytime I'm away from home. :smoke:

post-1293-0-55695100-1288137839_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-45339000-1288137880_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-64298300-1288138053_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

lito820,

I like this one. It doesn't come with a lock, but it shouldn't be too hard to mod some way to secure it for when you're not home. You can get it at Sportsman's Guide for about $80.

Regards,

Sapper

168554_ts.JPG?cvt=jpeg

168554i_ts.JPG?cvt=jpeg

thats pretty nice and a good idea.i keep all my guns upstairs and this would be a nice way to keep some firepower ready and concealed in the basement......have your family photos and family guardian mounted on the wall togeather :super:

lito820,

Regards,

Sapper

168554_ts.JPG?cvt=jpeg

168554i_ts.JPG?cvt=jpeg

That's clever and I like the concept but I have to say if I were a burglar and saw that I would immediately think that is too thick to just be a picture frame and I think I would have to check it out. This does have me thinking about hollowing out an inside wall between the studs and covering it with something.

Sorry, not really what you're looking for but this looks cool. Your comforter could conceal it and you could cable it to an iron bed when not needed...

I could see myself rolling out of bed and cutting open my calves on that thing.

I just keep mine leaning against the wall next to me in between the bed and the nightstand, it fits perfectly in that little space.

I cant lean it against the wall because I have a dog and he is curious and has already knocked it down a few times when I tried this in the past. As for my request not making sense...let me clarify. I don't want to lock it when I am home or sleeping. I want to be able to lock it if I have company over (curious kids?)sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post... I keep it locked up and out of the way when I am not home, so I am just looking for something that gives me options when I am home.

Thanks for the overall feedback, I think I am just going to make something myself...

I think the dog just wants to go shooting! Yes?

I've been thinking about getting a pair of those gun magnets and mounting it on the metal rails that hold my bed up. I bet two will be enough to hold up just about anything.

There's probably cheaper options out there. Plus, if you have a dog, he should be able to bark at an intruder and give you some warning and a little extra time.

I could see myself rolling out of bed and cutting open my calves on that thing.

I just keep mine leaning against the wall next to me in between the bed and the nightstand, it fits perfectly in that little space.

Yeah, I could see it getting in the way of...ahhhhh....ummm...yeah. Or, an accidental misfire at the wrong time and you might blow your load and shit yourself at the same time. Reeeeeal classy.

Cheap and effective.....

I bought 2 of these:

Gun Lock

Then made this for under the bed.

Snap On toolbox drawer slides, some box section steel, flat bar. I think I have less than $100 in it. I lock them up before I leave in the morning, and unlock when I get home to grab one to take to the living room. The key stays with my cell phone, so I never forget. Quick and secure. It's not Fort Knox, but it's the perfect balance of security and availability for me. I have a kid in the house, she knows how to shoot,and knows the rules but I won't leave the guns unlocked with a 13y.o.

Recently reworked it to hold a flash light and fire extinguisher as well.

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03066.jpg

DSC03070.jpg

• Like 2

Not what you're looking for, but still pretty cool. Available online from Walmart. People gave it pretty good reviews ($600).

Regards,

Sapper

+1 johnnyeastside!

888%20Open.jpg

888__.jpg

Edited by Sapper