Made the conversion on my S12 last night. Noticed afterward that the safety lever now swings down near vertical. I have yet to see if it will wander that way while shooting, but I'm not a fan of the possibility. Did I forget something when putting everything back together, or is there a simple fix?

Made the conversion on my S12 last night. Noticed afterward that the safety lever now swings down near vertical. I have yet to see if it will wander that way while shooting, but I'm not a fan of the possibility. Did I forget something when putting everything back together, or is there a simple fix?

That's not normal.

Is the Shepard's crook installed & pins in place?

Edited by Paulyski

That's not normal.

The shepherd's crook has nothing to do with "swinging down near vertical", but I'll bet someone forgot to re-install their safety stop.

ak-safety-stop.png

Edited by nalioth

That's not normal.

The shepherd's crook has nothing to do with "swinging down near vertical", but I'll bet someone forgot to re-install their safety stop.

ak-safety-stop.png

Oops, wrong down... ^_^

Guess I missed that word.

I was envisioning the other down... Also known as "up". :rolleyes:

If the trigger axis slipped our & was askew, the safety could possibly get by the disconnecter.

I'm rather certain you are correct.

That's not normal.

ak-safety-stop.png

Hmmm.... Shepards crook and pins are all installed per the CSS video (watched it more than once too). I didnt even look at the original trigger guard, and that's where it is--however I installed CSS' AR15 trigger guard/grip mount and it doesnt have anything of the sort. I'll call CSS about it in the morning. Looking at it again, if I could get a trigger pivot pin that was 1/16" longer, that would take care of the issue I think.

Thanks for the replies--and picture.

Edited by ssblair