Average price for parts on Conversions?

Few questions I had stewing in my brain was, I love the Saiga, I love the feel of an AK (Wife won't let me have anymore guns this year)

Since they are not imported anymore and these "new" importers keep pushing back the dates, are the prices and demand going up for original Saiga's?

If that statement is true, then I will probably end up keeping it original or selling it so I can build a Yugo AK kit and an 80% reciever.

Ok with that out of the way, whats the usual cost for a conversion? I would like to use USA Made internals to comply with that 922r crap, and be able to buy any AK mag and slap it on (Non-USA) using what I have done with the AK mags.

Last question (I think) Does this Hurt or Benefit the value of our rifles?

Thanks

-Mike

i got all the parts for my conversion, with the exception of the pistol grip nut which i got from blackjackbuffers, from midwestarmory.com those guys are great. i ordered a single hook G2 FCG, saw style PG, and 6 position telescoping stock, all US made, all for right at 100 dollars shipped. fast shipping too. ordered on sunday, stuff was at my door saturday morning. good times!

HOOP

I bought most of my parts from TAPCO, except the stock.

1 AK G2 Single Hook Trigger Group

ITEM#: AK0651 PRICE: $39.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 AK/MAK Grip Screw and Bushing

ITEM#: AK0618 PRICE: $12.99

1 AK Pistol Grip

ITEM#: STK060202 PRICE: $6.99

Subtotal: $59.97

Shipping Method: STANDARD DELIVERY - $6.95

Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $66.92

At some point im going to order a different stock, so that will be about another $40

If you plan on using that underfolder (drool) you'll have to replace the rear trunion, and use a shepards crook wire or plate to keep the hammer and trigger pins in. the plate runs about $13 the wire about $5.

even though i have my conversion done, i am going to get rid of the binding posts and use plugs to fill the holes, and use the plate to secure the trigger and hammer pins, It will look better, and is easier to install than the binding posts (P.I.T.A.)

And if you think the conversion is going to be hard, it's really easy, I shoud have done it sooner.

It wont hurt it unless for some reason they become collector items in stock form. Which is possible if everyone converts theirs and they never get imported again. Otherwise it adds to the value if its done nicely.