Wolf Military Classic 125 grn 8M3 HP CHEAP!!!!!&#3

I mentioned this in another thread here, but thought I would put it out for those that may not be following it... Before reading that thread, I swore by Barnaul Brown and Silver Bear soft point. Still good stuff according to Ballistic gelatin test, but the 8M3's performance is nothing short of astounding. Comes apart like Lake City M193 55 grain 5.56x45 from a 20 inch barrel!!!!

Widener's has Wolf Military Classic 124 grn HP (8M3) for $4.69/20. I ordered 500 today for $121.00 delivered. ($25@ $4.29/20). I should have it Monday or Tuesday.If you order 1,000 rounds (50 boxes), it is $200/1,000. I spent about 3 hours surfing the net yesterday and they have the best price. I wish I had enough to get another 500, but I don't expect to shoot too many zombies or goblins. Besides, I have 5 or 6 hundred of the Uly from Wally World.

I mentioned this in another thread here, but thought I would put it out for those that may not be following it... Before reading that thread, I swore by Barnaul Brown and Silver Bear soft point. Still good stuff according to Ballistic gelatin test, but the 8M3's performance is nothing short of astounding. Comes apart like Lake City M193 55 grain 5.56x45 from a 20 inch barrel!!!!

Widener's has Wolf Military Classic 124 grn HP (8M3) for $4.69/20. I ordered 500 today for $121.00 delivered. ($25@ $4.29/20). I should have it Monday or Tuesday.If you order 1,000 rounds (50 boxes), it is $200/1,000. I spent about 3 hours surfing the net yesterday and they have the best price. I wish I had enough to get another 500, but I don't expect to shoot too many zombies or goblins. Besides, I have 5 or 6 hundred of the Uly from Wally World.

Aim surplus also has it as $4 a box if you buy 50 boxes

Back in the day, it used to come like this. What a shame. Its too bad we can't dial back to 2003 and place an order @ $70 a case of 1000

171_7189.jpg

125l1s3.jpg

I have a sealed case of 500 on the way, but bought a couple boxes to sight in the Saiga. Current stuff doe not have sealer, but DEFINITELY has the 8m3 bullet. Took a dental probe and felt the inside of the hollow point. Very distinct sharp grooves cut in the inside of the jacket. I can see why they come apart so well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had 2 cases delivered to day and I'm sad to say that it definitely does NOT have the 8m3 bullet. When I get some time I'll pull a bullet and take some photos. The bullet it's self looks pretty similar on the outside, but the hole isn't near as deep as my older MCHP rounds. It also doesn't have the vertical striations that help it expand. I haven't had a chance to shoot the new rounds yet, but I'm guessing it'll preform like the black box wolf HP. I hope I'm wrong but my prediction is it's an inferior round to the 8m3.

I just had 2 cases delivered to day and I'm sad to say that it definitely does NOT have the 8m3 bullet. When I get some time I'll pull a bullet and take some photos. The bullet it's self looks pretty similar on the outside, but the hole isn't near as deep as my older MCHP rounds. It also doesn't have the vertical striations that help it expand. I haven't had a chance to shoot the new rounds yet, but I'm guessing it'll preform like the black box wolf HP. I hope I'm wrong but my prediction is it's an inferior round to the 8m3.

What grain weight is the bullet? 122? 123? 124?

Where did you get it? I got mine from Widener's. I checked random boxes with a dental probe inside the hollow points and they are definitely serrated inside. The hollow point in not terribly deep, but the serrations are there and it is marked "124 grn HP"

Got mine during the spring and summer this year from Sguide.. bought in 120 or 240 round lots.. (cash is/was tight)

The newer stuff I got from the guide is about 1/8" deep HP hole with serrations I can SEE.

The older stuff is marked SA02 on the bottom.. hole depth is the SAME..

On Right is Older Stuff w/stripe and sealer

Newer is on left.. no sealer or stripe.

post-8775-0-40437000-1289272811_thumb.jpg

post-8775-0-77994600-1289272778_thumb.jpg

Edited by YWHIC

I see now.. I think the missing thing on the newer box is MIL-SPEC..

the older box I have (with red sealer and stripe) says MIL-SPEC under the name.. (same box as post #4..)

Correction... the MIl-Spec is from a gun show in Philly early spring as it has a price sticker on it.. $6.99/box.. I had bought like 4 boxes of it.. and now only have one.. :cryss:

Edited by YWHIC

Where did you get it? I got mine from Widener's. I checked random boxes with a dental probe inside the hollow points and they are definitely serrated inside. The hollow point in not terribly deep, but the serrations are there and it is marked "124 grn HP"

Wideners might still have old stock left and not replaced it with the newest batch from the wolf importer. If ordering anymore, definitely confirm that it is 124 gr with the sales person.

Once the old stock runs out, all the distributors are going to sell the new crappy 122 gr hp unless of course it is only a temporary change because the factory 8m3 machines are being fixed or serviced or whatever.

Edited by my762buzz

I just got in some MC 124HP last week and some black box wolf 122HP from Midway. Neither has the sealant. I pulled both bullets and they are indeed different. The rear of the bullets are different. Length they are exactly the same. Here are a few specs...

MC:

bullet weight: 123.8gr

Thinner copper jacket

Inner jacket grooves: YES

Sealant: NO

SA03 stamp on box

BB:

Bullet weight: 123.1gr

Thicker copper jacket

inner jacket grooves: NO

Sealant: NO

SA03 stamp on box

IMAG0007.jpg

Maybe I didn't look close enough. On the one round I pulled out of the box I couldn't feel the serrations with a paper clip like I could on the older round; however with a flash light I could see them. I pulled a few more rounds and I could feel them as well. I guess there's a little variation from round to round. Mostly in the depth of the hole.

I guess I'm not so sure now, this could still be the 8m3. I'll pull a bullet when I can. In the images new is on the left, old is on the right.

Edit: I bought these from ammoman.com, the new shipment arrived today, the older ones also came from ammoman.com, but that was just over 3 years ago.

post-18337-0-41410100-1289277767_thumb.jpg

post-18337-0-54498600-1289277773_thumb.jpg

post-18337-0-66987200-1289277778_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torghn

Maybe I didn't look close enough. On the one round I pulled out of the box I couldn't feel the serrations with a paper clip like I could on the older round; however with a flash light I could see them. I pulled a few more rounds and I could feel them as well. I guess there's a little variation from round to round. Mostly in the depth of the hole.

I guess I'm not so sure now, this could still be the 8m3. I'll pull a bullet when I can. In the images new is on the left, old is on the right.

Edit: I bought these from ammoman.com, the new shipment arrived today, the older ones also came from ammoman.com, but that was just over 3 years ago.

The big clue is where it says 124 grain hp Regular wolf black box is 122 hp and bear hp is 123

There is no 124 hp other than 8m3 I am aware of in russian commercial ammo at least not lately in the past few years.

Unless something changes in Russia, 124 hp means 8m3, 123 bear hp, and 122 is wolf black box. These numbers never change for russian hp ammo.

However, full metal jacket ammo does not apply to this basic rule.

Edited by my762buzz

Glad to see this may be about nothing...

Maybe someone can call AIM and just confirm and report back.. i'm broke or I would.

Al

Good news.

I just called. A female sales person went to go check for sure said it was actually 124 gr so it was a mistake when someone else wrote the description.