red star adjustable trigger?

how good are they? is it worth the extra bucks? is there something better? are they easy to adjust? i originally reinstalled the bho now i want to get rid of it. so i have to buy a new fcg. also whats the best retaining plate for the fcg pins?

how good are they? is it worth the extra bucks? is there something better? are they easy to adjust? i originally reinstalled the bho now i want to get rid of it. so i have to buy a new fcg. also whats the best retaining plate for the fcg pins?

Great product. Just beware of the need to use the shorter disconnector springs with the Red Star trigger.

24w4kcz.jpg

Great product. Just beware of the need to use the shorter disconnector springs with the Red Star trigger.

24w4kcz.jpg

i assume they come with the appropriate springs. i guess u mean for having backups.

24w4kcz.jpg

i assume they come with the appropriate springs. i guess u mean for having backups.

It should come with a short spring. Just in case you ever need a replacement spring, the shorter ones with only 12 coils work. Unfortunately, these short ones will not work in Tapco or standard mil spec trigger groups.

I am sold on the Texas AK double hook. I love it. Smoothest AK trigger I ever had. I need to test it but am guessing about 3 lbs or less and smooth as silk. Why Re you getting rid of BHO? Did you trim it out of the way?

its been awhile so maybe my terminology is wrong but the factory bho is what i don't want on any more. my modified g2 won't work once i get rid of it. plus i think i want a better trigger.

• 1 year later...

The info in this thread is way out of date.

Follow the instructions In the exact order it matters.

Basically the process find the lightest settings that work dry firing then add a bit for good measure. Then take it to the range with one round in chamber test. Then do multiple tests with two rounds in your mag and try to induce double fires. If you can't get it to double fire ever, you should be safe. just add an other 1/4 turn of engagement and locktite after you find that point.

I tried to atatch the .pdf instructions, but the forum keeps glitching and moving me down to another thread. PM me for instructions.

OK, got things working again. Here is a .pdf with the instructions. For the shotgun, setting up for a light smooth single stage is worth while. If you have a ceramic knife sharpener, you can use it to polish the engagement surfaces. Keep the angles the same, and just slick up the surfaces.

It is important to do the steps in order in the instructions. You also need to maintain more than a 1/32 of engagement on the hammer and disconnector. I don't remember the measurments off the top of my head, but if in doubt, more hookup is safer.

The other biggie is to make sure that you have enough tension on the disconnector spring. The weaker that is, the less you perceive a second stage. If you go too soft, you risk having the disconnector catch the hammer, or barely catch it, which can mean a failure to reset the trigger with the hammer following the carrier home. Worst case, the hammer will partly catch on the disconnector and then slip off resulting in a double fire, or a delayed double fire.

RSA_trigger.pdf

RSA_trigger.pdf