Just Another Conversion (But It Is Mine!)

2010-10-24_11-41-57_67.jpg

Tromix rear trunion to mount a folding Ace M4 stock. Mil-spec M4 buffer tube with Magpul MOE stock.

Carolina Shooters Supply trigger guard with TAPCO SAW grip.

Internally I replaced the Saiga fire control group with a Tromix-modified G2 FCG and a US-made bolt hold open (modified for the safety with the G2 FCG).

A R & R Target Fast-Fire mount replaced the Saiga rear sight and it mounts a Fast-Fire II.

TAPCO "Galil"-style handguard wit two short rail sections mounted (left side has a BFG sling mount).

"Gunfixr" 3-positon gas regulator.

VTAC sling.

The drum is a 12-round Promag, which fit after two swipes with a file.

Brownell's FDE Aluma-Hyde.

I've only run OO buck so far. It works.

Next step is a Form 1 and taking the barrel to 14" (currently 19.5").

• Like 1

Nice gun. the streamlight is a nice little light.

How do you like the sight and how does it mount? Some close ups would be nice

The R&R Targets Burris Fastfire sight mount replaces the Saiga-12 rear sight. Mine wouldn't drift out, but surrendered to the Dremel..

R & R Targets' page. They really don't show it except on their builds. Brownell's listing. 'Bout $14 cheaper with a C&R.

mount.jpg

This doesn't show the underside, but basically those two hex screws hold a dovetail mount that fits (tightly) into the Saiga-12's rear sight dovetail and the center set screw holds it in place. The mount slides into the existing dovetail and a 10-32 set screw secures it (may be a 8-32, mine stripped out - which R&R Targets says is rare - and I replaced it with a 10-32 from my box of set screws (from Brownells).

The Burris them mounts right onto the R&R mount.

I'm not big on AR stocks or colors other than black, go figure.... evlblk.... , but your weapon does look nice. A word of advice, cut it to 12" and use a nonvented Polychoke. You will still be around 14" and have the benefit of an adjustable choke. I considered going 14" as well, but plan to go 12" + Poly if I ever get around to it. I can't wait until I can take that same advice :smoke: