.65" Round ball 12 gauge ammo.

Any one found some ballistic gel test? I'm curious what the ball will do.

Under 1300 fps, a big wound path just like slugs form going through. Plenty of real slug wound profiles on this link.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=109958&start=40

At around 1300 fps, you can add the infamous "pressure wave" as termed by ballistics researcher Dr. Courtney

http://www.ballisticstestinggroup.org/ballistics.htm

At 1800 fps on up, all the above and now rifle like flesh liquifying with a new level of shock. The horrifying combination of fast and heavy. The only factory load I know of that achieves this velocity is Rem high velocity slugger at 1875 fps.

A 0.65 caliber soft lead ball handloaded to 1800-2000 fps could potentially act like russian 8m3 but with over 3 times the lead. To fast to hunt with because it will blow a portion of a deer's torso up and make a hell of a mess. Not good for deer but great for zombies.

Every time I think about fast and heavy this image resurfaces and its not mine but it was shot with a very fast and heavy load.

IMG_88.jpg.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

Any one found some ballistic gel test? I'm curious what the ball will do.

Under 1300 fps, a big wound path just like slugs form going through. Plenty of real slug wound profiles on this link.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=109958&start=40

At around 1300 fps, you can add the infamous "pressure wave" as termed by ballistics researcher Dr. Courtney

http://www.ballisticstestinggroup.org/ballistics.htm

At 1800 fps on up, all the above and now rifle like flesh liquifying with a new level of shock. The horrifying combination of fast and heavy. The only factory load I know of that achieves this velocity is Rem high velocity slugger at 1875 fps.

A 0.65 caliber soft lead ball handloaded to 1800-2000 fps could potentially act like russian 8m3 but with over 3 times the lead. To fast to hunt with because it will blow a portion of a deer's torso up and make a hell of a mess. Not good for deer but great for zombies.

Every time I think about fast and heavy this image resurfaces and its not mine but it was shot with a very fast and heavy load.

IMG_88.jpg.jpg

Oh man, I bet that hog STUNK!!!

So this stuff cycles fine in saigas? I have been looking for some cheap "big bullet" ammo for when I get my saiga, and this fits the bill for sure, but I don't want 100 rounds of something that won't work...

And since its 2.75, this fits in a MD drum right?

• 2 weeks later...

So far not in my saiga. My gun have been only shooting slugs and have never ran birdshot. I have a few more combination of spring, plugs, and pucks to try before I totally give up on this round.

Yes it will fit in the MD drum.

Also a interesting note: The wad travels pretty far. I had a wad go through and get stuck at a cardboard target at 50 yards.

Edited by Zeroselect

I was looking for these slugs but I guess ya'll bought them all up. O well got 350 00 buck coming in on Friday from cabela's black Friday sale.

Me too... Except I don't have a shit load shells on their way to my house. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to resupply.