Folks I'd never deal with (Not on this forum)

I've recently had a bad taste left in my mouth after watching several members of Bladeforums.com totally troll a guy and get him banned and I wanted to put a general warning out, as they do this more often than I realized. The culture of the forum is extremely negative and run by trolls, to the point where when one established member files even the most minor of complaints it pretty much ensures a ban, and when people pay for membership one can stand to loose quite a bit of money. I wanted to take the time to think about it before I decided to put any general warnings out to the tactical community, but after witnessing two more incidences occur in the past two weeks, I think something should be said. Personally I'd stay away from the forum in general, instead going to a place like usualsuspect.net, which has a membership that is far more honorable and mature.

My issue isn't necessarily that people complain about other members, that's given, but the forum has an entire subsection dedicated to letting "established" AKA "members who pay more money for a platinum membership" heckle all the other members and openly insult them. Any rebuttals are generally met with dog piled responses from members you've never talked to, who are usually extremely judgmental and downright insulting. This can lead to a negative "clique" culture very much reminiscent of ones high school. This wouldn't be a problem if this type of behavior didn't carry over into the sales forums, where often if a well established member has even a minor complaint, the dog pile that ensues will ensure that your business will suffer, and bending over backwards to fix a problem, in my observations, doesn't seem to help. It usually results in a ban, in which case paying members usually loose their membership fee, which is not cheap, in some cases several hundred dollars.

In conclusion, I just wanted to put a general warning out for Bladeforums.com, if you're looking to buy knives I suggest looking at USN or Knifeforums.com, both of which seem to have a much more mature and positive aura about them. Bladeforums.com is extremely large and attracts most of the worst of the tactical and knife community.

I post this as an independent outside, I have no horse in any race over there.

• Like 3

What do you expect from dudes that spend all their time drooling over knives?

They're usually the dorks that got their asses kicked all their youths & never got invited to any parties, so they spent their teenage years cutting the heads off of cats with cheap-ass samurai swords.

Paulyski, you may be right. I'm a knife guy, I admit it, but it's not the only thing I do. I think the issue is most of the people over there have a severe superiority complex and feel the need to wreak havoc on other members so they can feel better about themselves. It's a pretty sad thing, but like I said, members are required to buy a membership if they wish to participate in sale threads, and those memberships are quite expensive and non refundable. Also, if you have a business, a single complaint I've been told will cause a massive drop in business due to the dog piling nature of that forum.

. . . I think the issue is most of the people over there have a severe superiority complex and feel the need to wreak havoc on other members so they can feel better about themselves. . .

Wow. . . that statement SO reminded me of the asshats over on the Warrior-tard forum.

:smoke:

. . . I think the issue is most of the people over there have a severe superiority complex and feel the need to wreak havoc on other members so they can feel better about themselves. . .

Wow. . . that statement SO reminded me of the asshats over on the Warrior-tard forum.

:smoke:

First rule of grade school...

Blow out the other dude's flame, so that your spark looks brighter. ^_^

That being said...

I have a good friend that carries a roll of about 10 knives with him every day.....

He's a chef.

But really...

Once a guy's old enough to purchase firearms, what's the allure of knives?

I can see a couple, but a bunch of exotics that are impractical?

I mean okay, if you have a true Damascus steel sword, that's one thing..

But who actually has one?

All the swords I've seen are cheap.

Even most ceremonial officer's swords. (even though they have the star of David falsely denoting Damascus steel)

Most of the guys have cheap-ass fantasy knives as their showpieces that they sit around fondling & fantasizing with.

Butterflys are different, because at least there's skill there & they're somewhat useful as a fighting knife (in reality) but brass knuckles are much more useful, as they are devastating, yet rarely lead to death & jail time.

I guess they're just not my thing....

Yeah.

People are douchebags.

Edited by Paulyski

. . .I mean okay, if you have a true Damascus steel sword, that's one thing. . .

But who actually has one?

FWIW (and it isn't worth jack here), I happen to own several custom Damascus folder/flipper knives.

:rolleyes:

Dude, aren't you the guy that posted the question regarding "aesthetics" (albeit, with regards to firearms)? Yes you are. I convey that only for the irony of it.

Edited by Gary

But really...

Once a guy's old enough to purchase firearms, what's the allure of knives?

Because when I'm feeling stabby I don't reach for a gun...

But seriously once you've held a well made hand forged knife (the practical ones at least) it's hard to go back to your factory made Kabar or Kershaw folder. The fantasy blades are ridiculous I agree but to each his own.