what paint color for conversion touch up

about half the way on my Saiga 12 conversion to PG, what paint color best mixes and blends in with the original receiver color, I have some AK black gun Kote, but the finish doesn't look quite right

I really do NOT wanna use BBQ or engine paint....thanks

about half the way on my Saiga 12 conversion to PG, what paint color best mixes and blends in with the original receiver color, I have some AK black gun Kote, but the finish doesn't look quite right

I really do NOT wanna use BBQ or engine paint....thanks

Is this being applied to the trigger guard area? If so, the flat black Krylon special does a great job. I know you don't want to use it (if this the ONLY area being touched up) but it is an area that rarely gets touched/brushed/scratched and blends very nicely. Why don't you 3m ur whole gun and use some duracoat brand TruStrip degreaser and re paint the entire gun HK black?

Anyone use Alumahyde 2? I'm thinking the whole gun in flat black..

I did a retro AR in AH-II Dark Park a few months ago. If you take the time to do good prep work the result is fantastic.

If it is as durable as it seems so far, I think I'd actually opt this over a baked-on finish in future

I know you didn't want to use grill paint and I didn't either, but figured the area wouldn't matter.

I am glad I used Krylon grill paint, flat black BTW.

You cannot tell where I sprayed it. Theoretically you might be able to make it out using a Zenon tac light (yeah I tried), but how often will that happen?

Rustoleum Professional High Performance Enamel (Semi-gloss black) matches the black on SGL-21s and Saiga 12s. I spray the area with Brake Cleaner, let it dry completely, spray a couple thin coats of the enamel, and then mist the area from about 18-20 inches away (this gives it texture like the factory finish). It is best to do the coats within an hour of one another. As with most spray paints, it needs to be somewhat warm where you are painting to get good results. This paint matches perfectly if applied correctly.

One of the SGL-21s in this picture was painted with the aforementioned paint. I couldn't begin to tell you which one from this pic and I have to look at the weapons in good lighting to tell them apart.

post-22401-0-42660700-1289107740_thumb.jpg