California compliant #S06-Tromix Saiga 12ga?

Tony,

Can you guys build a California compliant SO6 Saiga 12? All that means is the rifle would need a "bullet button" which is a device that covers the mag release requiring a tool to release the magazine.

I can buy a Saiga 12 with the device installed and send it too you when your build window opens.

Thanks.

No, we don't build a California compliant Saiga.

The gun needs a lot more than "just a bullet button". Installing "just a bullet button", requires the Tromix trigger guard to be moved rearward to make room for it. That in turn would require the pistol grip hanger to be moved back, which in turn screws up the length of pull for your finger to reach the trigger.

So.....we would have to redesign our trigger guard (shorter) and have several hundred run off in order to sell a few guns to California. Since we are unable to keep up with sales to other states, it doesn't make any sense to do that.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

The gun needs a lot more than "just a bullet button". Installing "just a bullet button", requires the Tromix trigger guard to be moved rearward to make room for it. That in turn would require the pistol grip hanger to be moved back, which in turn screws up the length of pull for your finger to reach the trigger.

So.....we would have to redesign our trigger guard (shorter) and have several hundred run off in order to sell a few guns to California. Since we are unable to keep up with sales to other states, it doesn't make any sense to do that.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

O.K. Thanks Tony.

Tony,

I was doing a little research to see if anyone else make a "bullet button" for your awesome shotguns and I found a place that does!

EDIT: I just realized it says "bolt on trigger guard". That might not work with your factory guns.

Here's a quote from their website:

solar tactical

SOLAR TACTICAL GEN 2 SAIGA 12 CALIFORNIA MAGAZINE LOCK

LOW PROFILE GEN 2 SAIGA 12 MAGAZINE LOCK FOR CONVERTED SAIGA SHOTGUNS. This Solar Tactical magazine lock is designed for SAIGA 12 shotguns and attaches to the trigger guard with our unique 4 screw pattern and slides over the magazine latch. The lock can slide on the trigger guard to achieve the proper fit .Is dimpled for strenght to prevent bending once installed and the slot in the bottom provides access to the magazine latch with use of our speed reload tool. The lock requires zero modifications to the weapon for installation and can be removed when out of state. NEWEST STYLE with a second mounting location to work with more conversion styles. Fits ak-builder style and tromix bolt on trigger guard. More trigger guard conversions being tested. This MAGAZINE LOCK is made to conform to the DOJ criteria but has not been approved . MADE IN USA

I emailed them and they have them available.

When your next order window opens up can I place an order and send you their "bullet button" device to install to make the Tromix legal for California?

I can send you the device for you to check out first to see if you like what you see.

Here's a copy of the email I received from them:

Yes the gen 2 lock fits the tromix and is in stock.

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Contact Us Requested

Date: Tue, November 09, 2010 7:38 pm

To: sales@solartactical.com

You have received a contact request from a visitor to your storefront:

E-mail Address: olav@gunetools.com

First Name: Olav

Last Name:

Company: Gun eTools

Phone Number: (408)332-xxxx

Request:

I'd like to get a Tromix Saiga 12 and was wondering if your Saiga 12 gen II mag lock will be available for that shotgun.

Thanks,

Olav

Thank you,

The Quick Shopping Cart Team

Thanks!

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Edited by Olav
  • 1 year later...

Hey Tony! If i bought a tapco g2 trigger for my saiga 762x39 . I didnt known they need to be modified for saiga use. I known u guys

Sell a modified tapco g2 trigger which i bought for my other saiga. Well my question is can send u my unmodified tapco G2 trigger

And u guys can charge me something to modify it for me please !