I've been doing lots of reps with 12 ounces at a time, and decided to change it up. I wanted more cardio, but running, jogging, etc. is boring, so I took up bag training. 1,000 punches every other day, and stretches every day. Now I just gotta toughen up my skin!

post-19191-0-51911000-1289323650_thumb.jpg

ha, my hands look like that (actually worse with a inch split) after having a rough bar night on saturday. Get yourself a pair of leather gloves or hand wraps. Watch yourself hitting a swinging bag, I blew my shoulder out hitting an 80lb bag in high school because it was swinging and I was using poor form while hitting it rapidly. (didn't help that I was listening Metallica's Battery at the time either)

I used to go to the gym about 3-5 days a week. Start off with 45 min of cardio, then move to weights mainly alternating between upper and lower body on different days. at my best I was 185lbs wearing size 34" pants. Then I got a girlfriend and quit going all together. Now I ware size 42" and am 250lbs. Ive decided to go back to the gym at least twice a week until time permits me to go more. :Johnboy: <----This is me. Im a fatty.

I kick box, grapple, and do various other strength and conditioning training.

Bag work is a great workout but hand wraps and bag gloves aren't a bad idea IMHO.

I use the gloves on the heavy bag, but go bare knuckle on the timing/accuracy bag. The gloves make it bounce all over the place. In my teens I had a 7'4" jump kick and I wrestled. Now at 38, I just try to stay between 200 and 190 for my 6' height, I'm happy with that.

GTL - Gym, Tan, Laundry

pauly-d-rides.jpg

:lolol:

Seriously though, I weight train 5 days a week with cardio 4-6 days a week, usually bike or elliptical. Lately I have been mixing it up with various football exercises here and there. I don't bathe or do laundry though.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 1

I lift weights 5-6 nights a week. I also go kayaking and hiking as much as possible and jog on the beach with my pup from time to time. Instead of 12oz curls, I usually do deep breath holding exercises000.gifbad_smile.gif I hear coughing is good for the abdominals and obliques....

Edited by DrGonZo
  • Like 2

My workout routine changes up with my work schedule, but unlike you would think, the more I seem to work the more I seem to work out.

I become very regimented when I'm on 12 hour shifts, and don't find it hard to follow strict diet, and excersize routines.

I do a lot of strength training, with treadmill for cardio, and madicine balls for explosive movements(gotta work the fast twitch muscles too!).

Corbin,

I agree with your thinking. The Egyptians took hundreds of years to build a Pyramid. I am working on doing one within my lifetime. I don't give a damn if people think I am Jabba-the-Hut or whomever. I am what I am, and running a marathon is not in the program for me. :haha:

I lucked out with a high metabolism. I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight, for the most part. I know it's not going to last forever though. I need to get into some sort of routine.

My highest weight was about 220 a few years after graduating HS. Then I stayed right around 215 for the next couple years, and then when I got a 3rd shift job working in a warehouse, busting my ass every night and skipping lunch (smoking was more important to me on my 1/2 hour lunch break :lol: ), I dropped down to 170ish, really quick. Since then, I've sort of leveled out at 180. It's a pretty good weight for a 6' frame. I could probably stand to tone up a bit though.

GTL - Gym, Tan, Laundry

pauly-d-rides.jpg

Seriously though, I weight train 5 days a week with cardio 4-6 days a week, usually bike or elliptical. Lately I have been mixing it up with various football exercises here and there. I don't bathe or do laundry though.

It's so sad that I knew what GTL meant. :lolol: One of my girlfriend's bad vices is reality shows, so I'll catch a glimpse of those turds every now and then.

You gotta see the South Park episode they did making fun of that show. :lol:

Here is my normal daily exercise routine...

Cardio training-is obtained from chasing 16-17 year old criminals (they can run like gazelles)

Strength training- is obtained by helping fellow officers/paramedics pick up the bigguns (you know the type, if somebody told them to haul ass they would have to make multiple trips)

On a serious note and reality, I run 3 miles a day/3 times a week with 100 yard wind sprints thrown for good measure. I also love the P90X program and do that daily with a few weeks downtime between the programs. I think that I have completed the entire program 5 times now and love it.

• Like 2

I lucked out with a high metabolism. I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight, for the most part. I know it's not going to last forever though. I need to get into some sort of routine.

My highest weight was about 220 a few years after graduating HS. Then I stayed right around 215 for the next couple years, and then when I got a 3rd shift job working in a warehouse, busting my ass every night and skipping lunch (smoking was more important to me on my 1/2 hour lunch break :lol: ), I dropped down to 170ish, really quick. Since then, I've sort of leveled out at 180. It's a pretty good weight for a 6' frame. I could probably stand to tone up a bit though.

GTL - Gym, Tan, Laundry

pauly-d-rides.jpg

It's so sad that I knew what GTL meant. :lolol: One of my girlfriend's bad vices is reality shows, so I'll catch a glimpse of those turds every now and then.

You gotta see the South Park episode they did making fun of that show. :lol:

OYEAH!! SOUTHPARK YEAH!

I have never been able to get back to my playing weight of 192 -195. It took a strength coach and eating 6 to 7 meals a day just to get me up to that.

I work out 3 days a week with opposing muscle groups in 1 session. Chest/back, bis/tris, shoulders + legs. Abs interspersed each day. Eliptical (to preserve my knees) on non weight days. 1 day of rest. 6 to 8 reps/set usually unless Im doing a powerlifting routine and then its 3 - 2 - 1 reps/set with 3 - 5 min rest between sets.

Edited by 690gr

I play ice hockey in the Atlanta Amateur League. Been at it for about 10 years and love it. When I can shake myself out of my after work coma I go to the gym.

Also like to mountain bike and hike too, but haven't been able to go a lot lately...