I wanna know who that SKINNY guy is in all of Juggs pictures?? His ARCH NEMESIS perhaps?!?!? :lol::up:

:smoke:

I'm TWICE the man I was then....

Twice as old and Twice the size.....

Happy B-Day to the Corps! :beer:

-Shooter-, you're wrong to fear the young Juggs more than the current Juggs. Ya see, if a guy's too old to kick your ass in a fair fight; he might just kill ya. :eek:

I'm a Chair Force vet myself, but as someone who spent almost his entire AD time in joint-service environments (intel), I really appreciated how USMC PT kept those female Marines in shape! :f0ckers:

:D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I don't have any pics. I have my dd214 and some ammo cans, that's about it. On this day in 1986 I was at Camp Butler/Foster, Okinawa, as a Lcpl. On this day in 1988 I was in Honduras, as a Cpl. We bought a couple cases of Schlitz that had sat in the sun so long the the paint was almost entirely faded off the cans. We iced em and drank em in a highly motivated fashion. Outstanding.

Edited by Plan.B

+1 for the Corps.

My contribution to the party (and my favorite breakfast):

USMC Recipe for "Shit on a Shingle"

Serves 8 (or two hungry Marines)

1/2 lb. Ground Beef (ground chuck for flavor)

1 tbsp. Bacon fat (lard/Crisco or butter)

3 tbsp. Flour

2 cups whole milk (add more milk if you want it thinner)

1/8 tsp. Salt

Pepper (to taste)

8 slices of dry toast

• Using a large skillet (12"-14"), crumble and brown the ground beef with the fat and salt, remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly.
  • Mix in the flour until all of the meat is covered, using all of the flour.
  • Replace the skillet on the heat and stir in the milk, keep stirring until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens (boil a minimum of 1 minute).
  • Serve over the toast.
  • Salt & pepper to taste.

Regards,

Sapper

Edited by Sapper

It'll be too late if I find it But I had a great one of me and my GF grabbing each others asses in front of the birthday cake at the Marine Corps ball...

ETA: Oh shit! I thought i lost all the pics of this one. this was the car I was bombing around in while in North Carolina. I loved that damn thing.

Cutlass.jpg

Nailbomb, Same training in OK as you, just was still using Nam era steel pots. 82-86 call back for Iraq I, believe Juggs was in about same time as I. Went through the switch over of gear after the National Guard was updated. Corps until recent was last to get good gear. Still remember the armour boys trying to get the M60 (Pattons) up and going out of moth balls. Hell, Juggs, I'm at least twice the Jarhead now. Lost all my scrap photos in total house fire in 98. :smoke:

Edited by Ruffian72

Nailbomb, Same training in OK as you, just was still using Nam era steel pots. 82-86 call back for Iraq I, believe Juggs was in about same time as I. Went through the switch over of gear after the National Guard was updated. Corps until recent was last to get good gear. Hell, Juggs, I'm at least twice the Jarhead now. Lost all my scrap photos in total house fire in 98. :smoke:

The marines are still the last to get new gear. I still carried a well broken in M-16A2 to Iraq with me.

And I'm not trying to make you feel bad, But I was born in '83

God bless you for your service and I hope you had a cold beer today.

Bob, Same to you.

I was glad to talk to juggs on the phone earlier today to wish him a happy birthday.

Edited by Nailbomb
Been Drinkin!

An interview of a Russian General by the Armed Forces Journal during the cold war asked the question "General is there anything in the U.S. arsenal that scares you?" to which he replied "The U.S.Marine Corps!"

Happy Birthday Marines - from the Squid!

• Like 1

G O B, Heck Squids can be okay, the take Marines for rides on their boats. :lolol::smoke:

Not to mention their galleys are awesome! After living off winter rats for a few weeks in Norway eating in an LST galley was like heaven...until we hit open water. The chow wasn't as good the second time around.