IDEAL BARREL PROFILE FOR AK-47?

What is your ideal heavy barrel profile for 7.62x39? How many would use a heavy bull barrel 1"? How many would prefer a med palma contour instead? Is the extra weight worth the rapid fire accuracy in regards to SHTF? I just want to see other members opinions and heavy barrel choices. I know Kreiger said they once made a lot for Krebs a while back. Who else makes good match grade heavy barrels for the AK platform? Thanks for your time and patience.

I agree with Chevyman, plus the Saiga has a chrome lined barrel if memory serves me right. In an SHTF situation, unless you have experience taking fire, your shots are probably gonna be all over the place anyway. Your heart rate and breathing are going to be erratic, plus fine motor skills are harder to control as well. Just my .02 cents.

In SHTF rapid fire probably won't happen. It wouldn't be grand theft auto or call of duty. You'd conserve ammo, guard mags/water/food like they were gold and try to get the hell out of there. If you couldn't get out, you may end up running patrols, and having a gun could get you unnecessary attention. Discretion is key.

Factory barrel is best. You may get a light boost in MOA from a specially designed heavy barrel, but not enough to really matter with the 7.62x39 round. Keep the factory barrel. Like stnls1911 said, it's chrome lined. Oh, and try not to shoot corrosive shit in one of these situations if you don't plan on cleaning your gun. It could handle it, but why put it through the stress?

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.