The Nemesis for Saiga 12

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

better lighting in the bathroom

I would like to introduce the newest rails in the Chaos line up, NEMESIS and TITAN rail system. These are the mother of all rails saiga! Almost 18" of top rail that hinges open allowing for access to

Yea, I so need to convert it now. Sold off my Tapco T6 a while ago and still deciding on stock etc. Kind of a magpul fan.   Pictures were taken with like a 8 year old camera, hope this holds you g

Posted Images

The entire top rail is different from anything we manufacture currently, but it will fit any lower Chaos rail.

Hey, just a thought.. since Chaos rails are pretty much the standard S12 rail, and given the variety of upper parts; it would be cool if there were a selection of different lowers which could accept the same uppers.

I have NO use for the side rails, for instance - its just dead weight. 2" of the lower rail is all that ever gets used for a VFG.. and even if I did use the side rails, I'd only need a few inches on either side for a light/laser/whatever. And heck, the VFG is there mostly to help support the weight of the rails :eek:

Looking at forum pics, I don't see many guys loading up the side rails.. it seems most use the top rail as a sight platform for irons / optics. Ends up being the heaviest set of irons known to man :)

So, how about a lightweight lower version drilled/tapped at strategic locations to accept small pieces of rail? That way folks could shed the weight they don't use from the lower. It would also help conserve weight for the Nemesis.. from the looks of it, removing the side rails alone would probably make up the weight difference.

If you do decide to make something like that, well.. my apologies in advance to the guys who will now also have to buy new lower pieces :) lol.

Anyhow, good work man.. love your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

We will have our prototypes finished after the new year, I'm kinda stoked for this new platform. :super:

Kinda stoked? I just got another S-12 from RSR,and all the parts for conversion from various vendors. Its shipping to RedJacket this week,and the whole project started after I saw your post about the Nemesis. Great job Cameron! :super:

Kinda stoked? I just got another S-12 from RSR,and all the parts for conversion from various vendors. Its shipping to RedJacket this week,and the whole project started after I saw your post about the Nemesis. Great job Cameron! :super:

You might just see your Saiga on television when Sons of Guns airs!

• 3 weeks later...

We are still finishing up our year end back orders, thanks to a asshole Anodize that is now fired and will never run Chaos or Stompdrive parts again. We have a new anodize and we hope this issue is solved. We have the Titan prototype done, but still working on the Nemesis. Once both are finished in the prototype stage and a little testing is done, in case we need to tweak anything, then we'll start back orders on these really badass rail. Having the Titan on my S12 has really changed the look and feel and added a sight range unmatched by anything out there for S12.

Any news on these? I'm ready to dump some cash :D

It looks like the front is the same thing as the current extended quad rail, and the addition is he dust cover rail that we get to choose?

The entire top rail is different from anything we manufacture currently, but it will fit any lower Chaos rail.

Will either one fit over the stock iron sights?? I am running the Chaos tri rail but recently purchased the extended top rail with the HK sights but havent mounted it because I couldn't / didn't want to cut off the iron sights as they are so accurate. I would love to be able to remove the top rail to reveal the iron sights.

• Like 2

Looks nice. Would have been kind of cool if it completely eliminated the need for the factory top cover, though.

and +1 to not having to remove iron sights.

Edited by KC913
  • Like 1

We could have made everything 1/2" taller and then the rear factory sight could have stayed on, but we wanted to keep the Chaos rail setup as low as we could, which is why we are manufacturing our own HK style sight, everything is low profile, reduces the need for a cheek rest. Plus the factory sight for the most part just lacks, short line of sight, no easy adjustment, and can always be reinstalled if wanted. We will be offering a DIY kit for those who want to make the cover hinge with the rail.

Ok.. my gun is at RedJacket Ive got everything else...so when can I get one? I have conceived this whole gun around the TITAN. Its more beautiful than I thought it would be. Great work Cam! Cant wait to post pics of this beast I am building.

That will go great with the chopped barrel and Tromix monster I'm having Will install. :super:

Did I mention I have a hand full of cash ready to go?

Edited by gunboy69

So the unit adds an extra step to disassembly as it just covers the dust cover and does not replace it?

Yeah, that looks like the only downside of it to me. Would have been pretty slick if it replaced the top cover rather than just covering it. Seems like it could have completely replaced the cover if the top cover section just came down a little more. That's what I liked about the renderings of it.

• Like 1

Mr. Hadley, I read where you indicated that The Nemesis will attach to an existing lower unit and I had some question on exactly how this will unit will be packaged:

Will it be packaged and sold with all 3 pieces?

Can you purchase each of the 3 pieces separately?

If you do purchase the full set will it be cheaper than buying them individually?

The Chaos Extended Quad Rail can currently be found for around $100.00 bucks, will The Nemesis be priced comparable to the current Extended Rail price?

Thanks in advance, your answers will help me determine if I want to hold out for the Nemesis or just go ahead and get the extended.

Edited by Dianosis

So the unit adds an extra step to disassembly as it just covers the dust cover and does not replace it?

Yeah, that looks like the only downside of it to me. Would have been pretty slick if it replaced the top cover rather than just covering it. Seems like it could have completely replaced the cover if the top cover section just came down a little more. That's what I liked about the renderings of it.

The guy at TWS replaced the dust cover with a rail system (on ak rifles) but has MAJOR problems with fit (large gaps between the front trunnion and his rail), I assume Camron built it this way to avoid such an ugly fucking duckling....

However aestheticly awesome this thing is, an extra step is an extra step. :2c:

That being said, this rail system looks good enough that I may WILL actually buy it as shown.

Edited by bigsal