saiga .308 drum mag

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish somebody would make a beta drum mag for the .308 i love my gun i just wish i had a couple of drums for it:)

Sounds like the solution is to buy a csspecs mag, cut it, and buy an xs drum, cut the tower, then weld the csspec mag feed lips to the drum. Ghetto.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.   It has been some time since I have given out the award, but you earned it!   Congratulations, you are the douche bag of the day!

• 2 months later...

I wish somebody would make a beta drum mag for the .308 i love my gun i just wish i had a couple of drums for it:)

People have made modified feed towers for beta mags to feed in different guns before. I think Tony made one for a valmet he had posted in his prototype thread.

Allied Armament (not Alliance) is now making .308 drum magazines (the link should be okay, since they don't actually sell the mags directly) - so far, they've released a G3 drum, an SR-25 drum, and an FAL drum. Saiga drums are on their to-do list. Dunno how well they work, but they're being carried by DS Arms, DPMS, and other OEMs.

• Like 1

Allied Armament (not Alliance) is now making .308 drum magazines (the link should be okay, since they don't actually sell the mags directly) - so far, they've released a G3 drum, an SR-25 drum, and an FAL drum. Saiga drums are on their to-do list. Dunno how well they work, but they're being carried by DS Arms, DPMS, and other OEMs.

I have one for a Vector V51 SBR. They appear well made.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here! Hell, if the weight was an issue it just may motivate me to hit the weights like I've been needing/wanting to do but putting off...

Are any sponsors even considering possibly making something to fill this void in the market? If so, it'd be nice to know if it's even on the radar...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Gold bars are heavy too, but I want one!!

me too

So is a Chevy Volt but not lining up for that either. Damn thing is heavy enough with 20 rounds loaded, heck I can change mags to save that kind of weight.

But hey you guys have fun.

Gold bars are heavy too, but I want one!!

me too

So is a Chevy Volt but not lining up for that either. Damn thing is heavy enough with 20 rounds loaded, heck I can change mags to save that kind of weight.

But hey you guys have fun.

With all that weight, it could be marketed as a "recoil reducing magazine." "Twice the compensation of the FSC30 with none of the muzzle blast! Only three easy payments of $99.99!"

"But wait, there's more! It also tones and tightens your upper body up to three times more effectively than the Shake Weight!"

Edited by Dudethebagman
  • Like 1

Yea the weight would be intolerable for shooting from the shoulder, especially with any kind of optics.

20 rounds is more than enough for anything... I probably should get some 10s to compensate the weight of my optics as is.

I guess I am just a drum collector. Maybee not the best for a range trip, but wouldn't it be nice in a SHTF situation to have that kind of firepower. I love my 100 rd drum in my Draco, I think I am just weird. Different strokes.......

By the way a chevy volt reduces your carbon footprint and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling. But I'll stick with my v8 Caddy... It is very heavy BTW. Lol

Naw the batteries far outweigh the impact of burning gas but dont tell the tree huggers, they put a lot of stock in feeling warm and fuzzy.

Weight in a firearm is just one of those things that hurt far more than it helps but its unavoidable to an extent. Drums in 308 for a semi? Have fun man.

• 2 weeks later...

The SR-25 drum should work with the new .308 magwell conversion MSA is coming out with. I'm already looking for a rifle to do this with.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Just wanted to update the few guys who are actually interested in a drum for this gun. I know, I know, they are heavy. :ph34r: I contacted the company making them and received an Email from them today. The S308 50 round drums are to be released in 5-6 months. :super:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to update the few guys who are actually interested in a drum for this gun. I know, I know, they are heavy. ph34r.gif I contacted the company making them and received an Email from them today. The S308 50 round drums are to be released in 5-6 months. :super:

They gave me the same answer about 5-6 months ago021.gif

I do hope they are correct in their prediction this time, at least we know it is on the way because they only need to make the tower! It will be worth the wait!