This one's done...

I just received my new and improved Saiga-12 "Mk. 3" back from Lone Star Arms. This gun is now "done", as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably buy a couple more IZ-109s for future builds, but this one is pretty damned perfect, (she's short, has reduced recoil, relatively light, and is completely reliable), for two-legged threat elimination...

mk31n.jpg

mk32b.jpg

mk33.jpg

mk34.jpg

mk35.jpg

mk36.jpg

mk37.jpg

mk38l.jpg

More details on exactly what work was done this time 'round are available here.

:smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2

Will that break/breech interfere with the disperstion of the buckshot?...I am not positive about how quickly the rounds expand...just curious since I see these on shotguns so I assume the pattern in tight enough out to at least 1 foot...btw that thing looks totally bad ass!

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Looks great, Man that breaks look massive heavy, whats the weight on that?

The Tromix Monster Brake ain't light, (~12.6 oz), but that's hardly suprising. It's machined from solid bar stock. Of course, it replaced ~6" of barrel, a Krebs FSB, and a Polychoke, the combined weight of which I'm not sure of. :unsure:

• Like 1

It looks badass for sure PA, now that you got it back will you measure the LOP for me?:D From the end of the receiver to the end of the butt. I've got 10 1/4 if I hook a tape on the hinge an 1/8 more if I hook it on the block, so I'm guessing you have an inch longer LOP. I cut mine and I cut mine and it's still too short.:ded:

Where did you buy that magazine from? I want one!

That's an 8-rnd Izhmash mag. The wonderful clusterfuck of an unconstitutional agency known as the BATFE does not consider them "sporting", (which has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment of course :evil: ), so they don't allow Russia to export them to the US in any real numbers, creating artificial rarity.

If/when you find them for sale, they're almost always from private individuals, and they command a premium price, (to put it lightly). They usually go for ~$140 each, on the rare occasion that you find any for sale at all. The one I own I acquired by trading forum member Midnaite one of my MD20's in exchange.

Good luck finding one, (and more importantly, not getting raped on the price). :up:

• Like 1

Will that break/breech interfere with the disperstion of the buckshot?...

Short answer: no. The Monster Brake is ~5.8" long. Buckshot doesn't spread that quickly. ;)

Thanks for the info just curious...

You're welcome, of course, man.

Nice! Having that brake take up so much previous barrel space gives it a very SBR'ish look to it. I like it.

You mean a SBS'ish look? ;) Yeah, I agree. My S-12 is funtionally a SBS, (~13" factory barrel left), with a silver soldered Tromix Monster Brake to bring her up to >18". As such, she has been tuned to reliably cycle everything down to Winchester "universal" birdshot, with a slightly modified, (polished), OEM factory gas plug and puck. ;)

• Like 1

PA,

You already know how I feel about the stock :angel: , but the rest of it looks great :smoke: Mike dun good.

Yeah, I already know you hate the stock. Too utilitarian for you, I guess. ;) I may still have one of the Russian poly folders I bought installed on this gun, but the current stock works so damn well, (Mike removed the "wiggle" from my Ace push-button folder; I didn't even ask him to, he just saw something that could be improved and did it), that it's a tough decision.

For now, that "ugly" lightweight stock actually functions quite well. ;)

• Like 1

Nice! Having that brake take up so much previous barrel space gives it a very SBR'ish look to it. I like it.

You mean a SBS'ish look? ;) Yeah, I agree. My S-12 is funtionally a SBS, (~13" factory barrel left), with a silver soldered Tromix Monster Brake to bring her up to >18". As such, she has been tuned to reliably cycle everything down to Winchester "universal" birdshot, with a slightly modified, (polished), OEM factory gas plug and puck. ;)

Yeah, SBS-ish. Apparently had a brainfart.

Did the barrel-chop induce the need for a gas system tweak, even though it has a brake in place to take up that barrel space?

Yeah, SBS-ish. Apparently had a brainfart.

Did the barrel-chop induce the need for a gas system tweak, even though it has a brake in place to take up that barrel space?

Yes, the "barrel-chop" induced the need for a gas system tweak. The muzzle brake is designed to reduce recoi, (directly bleeding off gasses), rather than containing and amplifying the effect, as a ~6" longer barrel would. ;)

• Like 1

It looks badass for sure PA, now that you got it back will you measure the LOP for me?:D From the end of the receiver to the end of the butt. I've got 10 1/4 if I hook a tape on the hinge an 1/8 more if I hook it on the block, so I'm guessing you have an inch longer LOP. I cut mine and I cut mine and it's still too short.:ded:

From the end of the receiver to the end of the fattest part of the 1" Ace recoil pad, it's ~11.25".

From the end of the receiver to the end of the fattest part of the 1" Ace recoil pad, it's ~11.25".

Cool thanks mang!, thats what I thought. I think if I get a new tube and cut mine right this time it'll keep my giant nose outta the hinge and still keep the butt from catching my arm pit..:lolol: