What screws for KVAR stock installatiion

I probably should have done my homework, but I just received a KVAR stock and had to do a considerable amount of dremeling and shaving to fit into my converted Saiga receiver. That part is done, but now I just realized that there are no screws that came with the darn thing. I have an event coming up within the week, so I can't risk ordering some screws over the internet. Can I get the correct screws locally? What type and size are they?

The thing fits tight, you really shouldnt have had to do any "dremel" work. You just bang it in there. Now for the screw holes. This is a very open option. You just need to drill the holes and fit with screws according to the holes you drilled.

You can drill and fit with any screw as long as its reasonable to the rifle, as in dont put a 12 inch screw in it. Find some that that fit and holes accordingly/

I probably should have done my homework, but I just received a KVAR stock and had to do a considerable amount of dremeling and shaving to fit into my converted Saiga receiver. That part is done, but now I just realized that there are no screws that came with the darn thing. I have an event coming up within the week, so I can't risk ordering some screws over the internet. Can I get the correct screws locally? What type and size are they?

Use the screws that came with your Saiga (the ones that held the original stock in place).

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Like 1

The thing fits tight, you really shouldnt have had to do any "dremel" work. You just bang it in there.

I've had to trim the sides at the connection point of all of the K-Var buttstocks I've gotten. The Tapco fixed stock will slide right in, but it is therefore less sturdy.

The thing fits tight, you really shouldnt have had to do any "dremel" work. You just bang it in there.

I've had to trim the sides at the connection point of all of the K-Var buttstocks I've gotten. The Tapco fixed stock will slide right in, but it is therefore less sturdy.

tapco(cough crap co) is known for not being in spec.......

the Kvar will fit, but you have to act like you mean it. It wont wobble or less sturdy like the more in spec stuff.....get it in there. It wont wobble and will be much more sturdy.

I also re-use the screws that held the factory Saiga stock in place for the K-Var stock.

You should not have dremeled it IMO, I just pound mine in with a rubber mallet. Some people may file/shave a tiny bit off but they still need to press/pound it in as it should fit very tight. You said you removed a "considerable" amount? Does it slip right in and out or still go in very tightly?

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 1