new to me 308

I received my new to me S308-1 16" and finally had a chance to take it to the range. I have all the other S series rifles and shotguns but none have as rude a trigger as the 308. This particular rifle had some work done to it, Tapco pistol grip collapsible stock, scope, light, laser and bipod. I did not let the sun set before ordering a new stock set, arsenal stage 2 trigger, compensator and mags. I don't understand how anyone would put up with the trigger that came with this rifle.

Is this a common experience with these rifles or is this particular one just in dire need of a better trigger?

I received my new to me S308-1 16" and finally had a chance to take it to the range. I have all the other S series rifles and shotguns but none have as rude a trigger as the 308. This particular rifle had some work done to it, Tapco pistol grip collapsible stock, scope, light, laser and bipod. I did not let the sun set before ordering a new stock set, arsenal stage 2 trigger, compensator and mags. I don't understand how anyone would put up with the trigger that came with this rifle.

Is this a common experience with these rifles or is this particular one just in dire need of a better trigger?

i bought one online tapco stock assumed ready to go,hell no still had to do the converson. that crap should never have left the factory.

Most people buy these rifles to convert, so very few people leave the stock FCG in. This is how the guns are allowed to be imported into the US. Mine was converted using a FSE FCG, & it's great. I never even fired it in it's stock condition. After purchase, I immediately handed it to my smith, & let him do his magic. GARY N4KVE

What.. you don't like LIFTING a trigger... :lolol:

I did a std Tapco G2 and am VERY happy now..

The plus side is the 308 has no left-over holes in the receiver when your done..

Congrats.. check out all the ammo test reports in the 308 section.. it may help narrow you search for good ammo..

Al

I have some decent surplus ammo which works well in all my 308 rifles. I had no issues with the Saiga and this ammo but will have to check the forum for other options.

I did a conversion on my S20 but left my 410 and 12 stock. Don't really notice the trouble with the triggers in the shotguns or my S223 and S762x39. I was surprised by the S308 though. Oh well a good reason to do the conversion. I guess I can put the tapco collapsible stock on my s223 for fun.