Favorite Scope Brand?

Ooooh, shiny new section. I'll make a topic.

I was wondering what scope brands people like. I like Leopold scopes, and

I'll quote myself from a few months back to say why.

I have Leopolds on all my rifles that have scopes.

They are the last all American scope company, they have a lifetime warranty, and they

are incredible in design, clarity, and quality.

I will tell a story.

I bought a FN FNAR two years ago. I bought a Leopold lightweight 2x7x28 to go on it.

The FNAR is .308. I hunt with bolt action 30-06s behind 3x9x40 Leopolds.

I took the FNAR shooting. It turned into a rainy day. I was under a roof, but the

scope got condensation in the eyepiece, inside the back lens.

I called Leopold that following Tuesday. The service guy said immediately to send it in,

but, when he found out that it was a NEW scope, he was profoundly embarrassed, insisted

upon my email address, sent me a pre-made overnight UPS label at their expense, and asked

me to ship it in. This was midafternoon Tues.

I send it in after work, and, Thursday afternoon, I have a new scope and a piece of paper

with the old serial of the old scope, the new serial of the new scope, what the problem

was, and how they fixed it (by giving me a new one.)

That is 48 hour service from across the country, their dime, no questions, new scope in my

hands so I could shoot that weekend. The new scope is just great, like all their scopes are.

I have MORE respect for the company from a bad scope and subsequent efforts to fix it, than

I would with just a good scope.

This company is one of the few cases where an American product is just as good, if not better,

than the competition, and their customer service is bar non.

Short version: Good quality, American, good customer service, good value (great scope for midrange

price) and it can take a beating.

Anyway, what do you guys use, and why?

Edited by Kliegl

Hello

Thanks to y'alls persistance in getting the new forum!

I like IOR glass myself. Not so much the new stuff, although I'm sure it's great, but the products from 5-10 years ago when IOR was still a pretty well-kept secret. That meant their prices were remarkably low for the level of quality they delivered, not unlike Saigas themselves.

Plus, they are Eastern bloc. Many of the original POSP scopes are IOR's.

They feature illuminated, ranging reticles, true mil-spec construction, and some of the best glass in the business.

Not a featherweight scope, but a (nearly) bulletproof one.

JMHO, YMMV.....

-guido

Another vote for Leupold here, I also like Burris, in fact, as I have said many times, I think the Burris Fullfield II line is the best glass to cash spent ratio scopes available.

I'm a Vortex fan, I've multiple Vortex RDS & scopes.

Very hard to beat their quality optics, their optics are on par with brands/models three times their costs... Very good stuff!

Vortex's Customer Service is next to none, unbeatable, the customer is king... I know from personal experience.

Unconditional & Transferable, Lifetime Gaurantee, no questions asked, repaired or replaced with schmoking hot turn around times... I know from personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of any decent optic that is within my budget. :dollar:

I really like my latest purchase, a Simmons 44mag. Its a 4-12x44 with side focusing AO. Its waterproof, fogproof and recoilproof. The glass is really sharp and clear all the way to full magnification. Price is about $100, a little more or a little less depending on where you buy it from online. Best of all, from now onto Dec. 31st 2010, there's a rebate offer from Simmons for 25% of your purchase price. Just go to the Simmons website and click on "promotions".