Saiga 7.62x39 price range?

Is $379.00 + $35 DROS fee a good price for this rifle? I currently have a Yugo SKS and I want to get an AK style rifle cheap, and i heard getting a Saiga and changing the handgaurd and filing so the gun can accept AK mags is the cheapest way (I dont want a Pistol Grip. I live in CA so if I have PG i need a mag lock and those are like 35-40 bucks and annoying as Sh*t!)

Is $379.00 + $35 DROS fee a good price for this rifle? I currently have a Yugo SKS and I want to get an AK style rifle cheap, and i heard getting a Saiga and changing the handgaurd and filing so the gun can accept AK mags is the cheapest way (I dont want a Pistol Grip. I live in CA so if I have PG i need a mag lock and those are like 35-40 bucks and annoying as Sh*t!)

Since you are in Kalifornia, and it is $375 plus DROS, it must be a private party transfer. That is a good deal, then. The Tapco Galil handguard is one 922r compliance part. A US hammer, gas piston (easy to change) and magazine follower would allow you to use those pre-ban AK mags you have.... It is like a MIni-14 or mini-30. If you have pre-ban 30 rounders you can use them without a rad-lock as long as your are 922R compliant:

Edited by imarangemaster

We are running a sale for Saiga forum members @ $339 each + shipping. If you live in CA and want your bullet button installed prior to shipping, we have a MFG who will do it for us for $40 installed.

Thanks for all your feedback!! (and belive me i want to get out of Kalifornistan) (and i dont think i can make it to Mississippi)

We are running a sale for Saiga forum members @ $339 each + shipping. If you live in CA and want your bullet button installed prior to shipping, we have a MFG who will do it for us for $40 installed.

Thanks for all your feedback!! (and belive me i want to get out of Kalifornistan) (and i dont think i can make it to Mississippi)

No thanks i DONT want a maglock. Thats why i dont want a pistol grip.

Since you are in Kalifornia, and it is $375 plus DROS, it must be a private party transfer. That is a good deal, then. The Tapco Galil handguard is one 922r compliance part. A US hammer, gas piston (easy to change) and magazine follower would allow you to use those pre-ban AK mags you have.... It is like a MIni-14 or mini-30. If you have pre-ban 30 rounders you can use them without a rad-lock as long as your are 922R compliant:

I dont have any bre ban mags, i just want to get 10\30 mag. And the Galil handgaurd, you said i need to change some stuff. What is that about?

When I retire in 2-3 years, I will be spending part of the year in Kalifornia again. Just for that occasion, I have kept the factory FCG and stock to re-factory my Saiga in about 1/2 hr. of fiddling with it. This is so I can use my pre-ban 30 round com-bloc AK mags with it. Fortunately, when I was a deputy in Kalifornia, I had a registered AK (Poly Tech Type 56 with folding spike bayonet) I got in the mid 80s. Even though I moved out of state, I can still bring those mags back in, because I possessed them before the first ban (Never get rid of your magazines, boys and girls!!!) When I role back to my retirement base in Oregon, I take a half hour and restore it back. BTW, I tried an MMG and thought it sucked!

For 922R I will have 1) Tapco Forearm, 2) US muzzle break, 3) US hammer, 4) US Magazine followers, 5) either Tapco gas piston or US magazine floor plates.

them before the first ban (Never get rid of your magazines, boys and girls!!!)

LOL Mag whores will all agree 100 percent about keeping your mag stash as big as possible. I am a proud early stage degenerative mag whore. You can't ever have too much ammo or too many quality mags. This thread just reminded me that I need some more mags for my stash.

Edited by my762buzz
  • Like 1

Please don't pay $400 for a Saiga. The market has dropped substantially on firearms in the last year or so and you'll just perpetuate the higher price.

Saiga's will drop to below $300 in no time. Just wait. If you want a 7.62x39 or 51 they'll be going South soon. If you find a 5.45, snatch it up.

There must have been an increase lately. I paid $300 last July including shipping.

Bigdog