So the other week I gave a brief speech on concealed weapons permits and hit a lot of major points. After I was done I held a little Q&A and a lot of people were just puzzled that the police wouldn't save them if they called 911 (Police are mostly there to investigate after the fact, I had agreeing quotes from former Sheriffs). Well, police takes minutes to respond, if your in a potentially life threatening situation..you may not have minutes...thats when I encouraged them to read the book "Dial 911 and die" well, this brought up more questions and to make a long story short, I think I may have turned a few point of views around...I also had this recorded via webcam to my public speaking Prof. and I could feel her flipping out through the computer screen LOL. I haven't met a pro-gun or pro-defense professor yet, and I bet when I mentioned about exceptions of CCW like non-lethal, non-projectile carry at College campuses I will probably get an interesting response from her as well :lolol: Anyways, I'd thought I'd share and if you know anyone who is resistant to CCW for their personal safety, I'd recommend you to tell them to find "Dial 911 and Die" even though it's an out of print book, it's written by a lawyer who discovered how the law really works and what is really expected of the average citizen....

• Like 5

Oddly enough, people just don't want to believe that THEY are their own first line of defence. Unless there is an armed cop/security off./CCW citizen at their side. Ignorance is bliss when stupitidy is rampant.

This is very true. It's a well documented psychological phenomena that when danger strikes, people will first look for others more capable of dealing with the problem before finally getting involved.

• Like 1

Great topic! More folks need to hear the real truth in this fashion. I bet if they interviewed victims, the general consensus would be that they wished they were armed to defend themselves while waiting on the law. Our LEO can't be everywhere when needed.

Good post Vultite, I hope that it works out for you :super:

That's because they are too busy writing speeding tickets!

True for some, but not all. Some are busy handling a domestic disturbance call because some parent can not/will not learn how to control there 6 year old kids and feel the need to call the police/sheriff to straighten them out. Or they call and demand that an officer come out to their house because their 8 year old refuses to take a bath. All of the above are true and I could go on and on with more, but I won't bore you.

I truly wish that LEO's could provide a better means of protection for everyone, but that is just not the reality of things. Most do what they can, but I would also encourage everyone to arm themselves and be prepared. :killer::killer:

Update, as I thought I got zero comment on my topic but was harshly graded...I knew that would happen but I could care less, my GPA is good enough, I got the message I wanted across. I'm a decent public speaker and have had much practice with previous presentations, so I know I wasn't making mistakes, and I had 4 former teachers present who thought I did an outstanding job. So, w/e, 9 out of 10 college profs would have done the same to me. My previous speech was about the history of the Colt 1911 (100 years coming up soon) and that was also harshly graded, but yet my classmates did some terrible speeches on your "routine" topics (like the crap you see in world news ect.) and of course scored much higher than me :sadam: fuck it....I'll do what I want anyways :wolfwood:

Great job Vultite.. Preach it brother! Don't sweat the Prof's. The minds you change and the people you make think about their protection will matter much more to society than what some hippie believes.

We teach CCW classes here in NC. Some of our students have been officers wives and assistant DA's. Some of the stories the DA's had to tell were enough to convince anyone that the LEO's are overwhelmed by rediculous calls and often under staffed.. In a county or city that is large in area, minutes to an emergency is not uncommon.

Many of those that are young or don't hunt or live in a crappy neighborhood have never given the thought to what can happen in an emergency. We live in an area that has recently had a surge in gang violence. We give this example in class of what happened to one of OUR neighbors with his permission of course.

In one of the nicer, more rural areas of our county we had a local youth pastor come out of his house at 7am and was met at gun point and forced inside by four armed males. His whole family was home and still in their night clothes. No neighbors to see it, no chance to call anyone. Once inside the gangbangers bound and gagged all but the father (father was bound, but not gagged) in the chairs at their dining room table while they rnsacked and robbed them of everything. The scum threatened them repeatedly with death and rape (guy has a daughter) to be sure they told them where all the stuff was and even had them give the combination of their safe. Guns, cash and jewelry, they took everything and left them bound and gagged in their own home. The police found out about it only when the dad got free hours later and was able to call them. He was self-employed, so no one was waiting for him to show up at work. They could have sat their for hours or days and maybe had the scum come back. Thank the Lord terror and robbery was all they had to deal with. It really struck me strong and does most that we tell about it.. Most people saw the story in the paper and didn't realize who it was..

Be aware at all times and everywhere you are.

Edited by chevymann