Trigger guard question

I've recently converted my S12 via the CSS conversion kit with the CSS trigger guard. I have the Tapco saw grip and the holes don't line up with this trigger guard, which is fine since I wanted a more 'natural' feeling grip anyway. I ordered the Hogue Monogrip and it feels great. As far as connecting it to the trigger guard, is there a certain size screw that should be used? I tried the one that came with the grip and it's apparently too big. Which unobservant me didn't realize until damaging the trigger guard a little.

I've recently converted my S12 via the CSS conversion kit with the CSS trigger guard. I have the Tapco saw grip and the holes don't line up with this trigger guard, which is fine since I wanted a more 'natural' feeling grip anyway. I ordered the Hogue Monogrip and it feels great. As far as connecting it to the trigger guard, is there a certain size screw that should be used? I tried the one that came with the grip and it's apparently too big. Which unobservant me didn't realize until damaging the trigger guard a little.

The Tapco grip you are trying to use is not a SAW AK grip. It is the FAL grip that came off the stock set. It will not line up with any trigger guard. The hole pattern is different on that grip.

The hogue grip's screw hole is set back further than standard AK grips. To use it with any trigger guard you must enlarge the screw hole on the grip towards the front to line up correctly with all Saiga 12 trigger guards.

The Tapco grip you are trying to use is not a SAW AK grip. It is the FAL grip that came off the stock set. It will not line up with any trigger guard. The hole pattern is different on that grip.

The hogue grip's screw hole is set back further than standard AK grips. To use it with any trigger guard you must enlarge the screw hole on the grip towards the front to line up correctly with all Saiga 12 trigger guards.

Yeah, i saw that. But after playing around with the screw and trigger guard by themselves, it seems as though (my eyeball estimation) the screw that came with the grip is too large to screw in far enough to keep the grip snug. I'll get to enlarging the grip's screw hole and see what happens. Thanks.

Yeah, i saw that. But after playing around with the screw and trigger guard by themselves, it seems as though (my eyeball estimation) the screw that came with the grip is too large to screw in far enough to keep the grip snug. I'll get to enlarging the grip's screw hole and see what happens. Thanks.

I would use the socket head 6mm screw that comes with the CSS trigger guard.