RIO buckshot?

I just got some myself. It is currently 3 degrees out with a wind chill of -16 degrees. As hardcore as I may(or may not) be, I am waiting to go out shooting til' the weekend!!! If you can wait, I will surely let you know how they work in my S-12.

I look for it at gun shows all the time as its the cheapest 12g ammo I have found. Feeds fine in my S12. No problems whatso ever. Havnt tried it in my promag drum though so I don't know if it fits in that or not

Runs great in my S-12. Works just fine with all my mags and drums.

Interesting. Which RIO and which drums? The 2-3/4" #4 21 pellet hangs up in my MD20. I can load it up, albeit tightly but upon feeding, hangs up in the drum. My calipers measured it out anywhere from 2.44" to 2.47" OAL.

I just got some myself. It is currently 3 degrees out with a wind chill of -16 degrees. As hardcore as I may(or may not) be, I am waiting to go out shooting til' the weekend!!! If you can wait, I will surely let you know how they work in my S-12.

BRRRR

RIO #4 buck and their Frangible slug (1 oz @1400fps) wouldn't cycle when my gun was stock (a 3 hole but witha MD Arms 5 position gas plug). However, the "full power" OO buck would cycle on position 4 & 5 no problem.

For plinking I use their 1 1/8oz (1280fps) trap ammo which cycled 75% of the time in the stock gun. After I drilled out 2 of the gas holes to a true 3/32 and the other to 1 bit size larger, this load would cycle at settings 4 & 5. Now that I've drilled another 3/32 hole, these will run at plug setting 3 like a champ!

I've fired a few hundred rnds of Rio 00 buck and imo it's good ammo, especially for the price.

The only downside is that Rio shells are roll-crimped, so they are too long to use in a MD-20, (including yours, Rusty truck ;) ).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Tried out the Rio #4 buck shot, 2 3/4" this weekend. Shot very well. It was a bit too snug of a fit to feed out of my MD-20 drums, but cycled fine in stick mags. Mixed it in with bird shot in a 10 round mag and all shot well.I would recommend it.