Militec or weapon shield

Militec has no rust preventative included and you have to heat the part prior to application.

I use any good CLP, cleaner, lubricant, preservative. Teflon, graphite and moly are true dry lubricants that can be added at home.

Depends on whether you want a lubricant to ensure operation or reduce wear on moving parts. You may not get both.

I use Militec-1 and it is great stuff. I purchased a small kit they use to sell that had a four ounce bottle and a very small white bottle that had a needle attachment for drop placement. The military I believe pours this stuff in tank transmissions and gearing.

http://www.militec1.com/mes5.html

Good luck,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Militec will send you a free "sample" if you're active duty. That way they can say "the military uses it". Yep, I got a free bottle.

It does have some lubricating properties when used in certain specific conditions. Like high-heat situations. It's a chlorinated polymer that does indeed bind to metal when it's hot. The demo Militec performs depends on a constant bath of the lubricant in a high-heat bearing tester. Too bad it's too volatile to use 100% where it would probably be great.

Just because it has an NSN doesn't mean it's being used. You apply, you can get an NSN.

Great marketing.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I've seen microlon "gun juice" used before on an handgun or two and it seems to work really well for a dry lube. I've never seen it on a long gun tho. Anyone have any experience with it?

Microlon.com

The stuff says "increases muzzle velocity"

Is that even possible??huh.png

I dont think it is.

OOPS. Why not the gas system? I figured a litte oil on the puc would help.

You should never put anything in the gas system it just causes crap to build up in there faster.

I have been using and been a distributor for Militec-1 for over a decade. I have it in every combustion engine I own and use it on my guns. A friend of mine called it snake oil. He was in the Army National Guard at the time. A few weeks later he said he was firing a machine gune (don't recall what it was) and said when they were new, they would get hot and lock up. It came with a little bottle of oil. Once the oil was applied, it never locked up again. So one day he turned the bottle over and noticed it said Militec-1. After that we was a believer.

But I guess no more in the gas system:)