Good deal of S12 Magazines?

I'm just wondering if this is a good deal. I have heard good things about AGP magazines and are currently selling a "diy" kit where you have to assemble the 10 round magazines yourself. It doesn't seem that complicated and it seems like the most frugal way for getting multiple mags. It's $25 a piece with a price break at five or more (essentially buy four get one free).

http://www.agparms.com/product.php?productid=16161&cat=0&page=1&featured

Great mags. The rusty ass springs that come with them are another issue...

That little issue has been taken care of long ago. :rolleyes:

Its funny you recognize that there was an issue. That's more that the owner would own up to...

Its funny you recognize that there was an issue. That's more that the owner would own up to...

Kevin acknowledges the run of bad springs he had.

I contacted him when my mag from that run had a spring break into 20+ pieces& he sent me another promptly. I've had no issues since.

I'd recommend cleaning out the mag body while changing out the rusty one.

Rust dust creates friction that impedes proper feeding.

As for the deal listed, I sand the mag body's innards with 120, then 240 grit to ensure great feeding anyhow, so it actually saved me time not having to disassemble them.

It's important to note, during assembly to snug the screws, then back them off 1/4 rotation to ensure they feed the best.

I'm under the understanding that Stan at ProMag is going to make his next stick mags out of the same material as his drums, so eventually, ProMag sticks should be up to par too...

Until then, AGPs are the best US made stick mag IMHO.

• Like 1

I love the AGP mags, I contacted them about a follower issue (this was back when their mags were $50+ each) and they gave me a link to buy a new follower.

Not the best CS but hey they responded to my email!

I have about 10 AGP mags currently, all bought at full price :rolleyes: I would buy more as my gun likes them.

I refuse to buy any more mags until MD has his available, I have been on a buying freeze for a while now, patiently waiting. :angel:

Kevin acknowledges the run of bad springs he had.

I contacted him when my mag from that run had a spring break into 20+ pieces& he sent me another promptly. I've had no issues since.

Pauly, yeah not so much. I know people before me and people after me have had luck with Kevin replacing their springs...like he should. Unfortunately I bought 12 mags and half of those have rusty springs. When I politely talked to Kevin he completely denied that their was any issue. All he wanted to do was BS me and tell me about all the great properties chrome-silicon springs bring. I explained to him that I knew the benifits but when they are rusty and are known to catastrophically fail, then they were not heat treated properly. He continued to deny any problems and said the surface rust would not effect performance. I was supposed to "spray them down" and they'd be gtg. He did offer to replace them once they broke. I was/am pissed. He had a opportunity to resolve this issue with me right then and there. Unfortunately he didn't and now I'm jaded. I will not spend my hard earned $$$ on a company that will not admit they F'd up and do what's right by fixing the problem. Fuggum! Even if he produces the best product out their I will not buy it. I simply can't support this kind of BS. Like others, I'll wait for MDA or Chaos to bring a better product to market.

wow, reva (whatever her name is) is hot, and she has me sold for couple mags :D

I'm confused. I keep watching the assembly video, over and over and over, yet I see not a single magazine part.

:eek:

you should see the turbo housing video!!!! :D

Edited by taseal

hahahha!!!!!

I'm gonna buy 2, I already ordered a MD drum, figure get 2 10 rounders, who knows when the double stack from Mike will come out, there isn't too much info on it yet except it'll come out in 2011. I wonder how thick the double stack will be? about 1.3-1.5 the width of the current single stacks?

Side by side, is the length of a 10 round magazine similar to a 30 round 7.62 magazine? or is it more like the 8 rounder vs the 30 rounder 7.62?

As nicely as Reva fills that T-shirt, I'm still not impressed by the actual product. Now that you can buy DIY AGP 10's for $25 they're a lot better value, but most of us had to go through the "DIY" reliability tuning on AGP mags we bought for ~$45-50, and that's just shitty QC imo. The Surefire mags I owned worked perfectly, right out of the box.

I ended up giving in to reality, (US S-12 mags are of significantly inferior construction), and sold all my US-made stick mags to buy Izhmash 8-rnders. I have only factory mags and MD20's now, and the only other type I plan on buying are MD double stacks, when they come out next year.

ymmv.

I remember your posts in the AGP thread. I have 6 AGP mags now and every one of them has nice shiny springs. I believe it's and old and played out issue that died away. I can not speak for your experience but mine and others have been nothing but good.

:ph34r:

I remember your posts in the AGP thread. I have 6 AGP mags now and every one of them has nice shiny springs. I believe it's and old and played out issue that died away. I can not speak for your experience but mine and others have been nothing but good.

:ph34r:

Could be. I could care less what they are doing NOW. Because my previous dealings, AGP will always = no good in my book.