Auto Plug Instructional Video.

A question for Bullensmash and Bridis (attorneys at law?)

You guys say you cranked it down till it cycled.

I was wondering how much you had to crank it? How many degrees?

Mine came with instructions saying that it had been tuned to cycle most stuff. (I checked it and it turned out to be approximately two full 360 degree turns into the threads from removed.)

I have cranked it two more full 360 degree turns (4 total) and it still won't cycle some brands.

We started, to just assemble them, so that the customers can adjust it for their own guns with the video.

I can't wait to try my auto plug and all the other goodies I've added to my gun recently, as well as all the internal work.

I have no doubt in this plug at all. I don't really shoot anything hot unless it's necessary... It's expensive enough just buying garbage ammo for it.

Have to say it again, thanks for making this product!

Can I fire heavy 3in magnum loads, without excessive recoil from the bolt slamming into the rear of the reciever, without adjusting your plug to fire it?

By heavy i mean heavy

3in 15 pellot 00B

3in 24 pellot #1 buck

3in 41 pellot #4 buck

Edited by mike123456

Quick question:

I took my Auto-Plug out over Thanksgiving and tried to get it to cycle bulk pack birdshot. I discovered 2 things:

1. With anything but the cheapest stuff it cycled and dropped the hulls of duck loads, buck, and slugs all the same way and fed flawlessly.

2. I turned the plug down 4-6 turns and it still wouldn't cycle the bulk pack stuff, but it did start throwing buckshot hulls much more violently, like 12-15 feet.

It seems like, at that setting, the high brass stuff is putting a lot of violence into my action, and the low brass stuff still isn't cycling.

Should I just keep screwing down this plug, or would it be more advisable to finally polish up my bolt and do some action work to relieve friction on the other end?

Just got done tuning my S12 with the auto plug and I hve to say I am nothin g less than impressed. I was using an 08 3 port gun with Winchester universal. Plug took about 1 full turn to function flawlessly. I used 1/4 turns till I could dump my 8 round mag no problem. Then I staggered universal, brenneke KO slugs and handloaded 00 buck. Again mag dump no problem. Great product!!!

Quick question:

I took my Auto-Plug out over Thanksgiving and tried to get it to cycle bulk pack birdshot. I discovered 2 things:

1. With anything but the cheapest stuff it cycled and dropped the hulls of duck loads, buck, and slugs all the same way and fed flawlessly.

2. I turned the plug down 4-6 turns and it still wouldn't cycle the bulk pack stuff, but it did start throwing buckshot hulls much more violently, like 12-15 feet.

It seems like, at that setting, the high brass stuff is putting a lot of violence into my action, and the low brass stuff still isn't cycling.

Should I just keep screwing down this plug, or would it be more advisable to finally polish up my bolt and do some action work to relieve friction on the other end?

At

At wide open you might not have enough gas to cycle, bulk pack, Thats what your description sounds like. If you gun could not cycle it before, it will probably not now.

Just got done tuning my S12 with the auto plug and I hve to say I am nothin g less than impressed. I was using an 08 3 port gun with Winchester universal. Plug took about 1 full turn to function flawlessly. I used 1/4 turns till I could dump my 8 round mag no problem. Then I staggered universal, brenneke KO slugs and handloaded 00 buck. Again mag dump no problem. Great product!!!

Thank you. :super:

Thanks for the quick reply, TAC. And yeah, it couldn't cycle bulk pack stuff before, but hell, neither can my Remington 1187 Police magnum, so It never bothered me.

I think I got to the point where the plug was not opening AT ALL and, like I theorized in the other thread, I just flat ran out of gas at that point. I think my plan will be to polish up the bolt and action to where it functions, maybe even a reduced recoil spring or something, then use the Auto Plug to bleed off the gas from the high brass stuff, rather than trying to make it "Gas up" the low-brass stuff, which doesn't even make sense from a physics standpoint.

It sure seemed to even out the power of the medium and high-brass stuff, though. Other than when I had it screwed to the wall the buck and slugs weren't really getting thrown too violently.

Good product. Thanks. Happy with it!

TAC. How do you recommend cleaning the plug. I was thinking flushig it with remoil into the ports and blowing it dry with compresses air. ?????

use any gun cleaner, it really does not get that dirty.. giver a scrub, blow dry, its good to go.