I have a Saiga 12 19" barrel, standard poly-choke, dragunov style Russian American Armory stock, 5rd magazine/12rd magazine, quick release rail with 4x32 Bushnell shotgun scope, and nothing else. I either run the scope with a 5rd mag for slugs or no scope with a 12rd mag for buckshot. I am curious about hunting and home defense legality. I know here in Va we don't have restrictions on regular shotgun capacities anymore but I'm fuzzy on all this assault weapon legality. The more I read on here the less I understand. I have one factory 5rd mag and the 12rd is a surefire. My 12 is still in the sporting configuration. I use it mostly for hunting. Thanks in advance for any help! I live in Va. I hunt in Halifax County which only allows shotguns for deer while less than 10ft off the ground. It also has a slip on limbsaver.

Thanks,

George

post-28125-0-86176300-1290721134_thumb.jpg

post-28125-0-69533600-1290721158_thumb.jpg

Edited by poolege

For the 12 rounder you have you'll need to be 922r compliant. The shotgun needs to have 10 or less foreign made parts on it including the magazine when inserted. Since the mag is American made, I think you just have to put a U.S. made muzzle devise, stock and forearm on it to be legal.

I'm pretty sure that's all you'd have to do but verification would be appreciated if I missed something.