Best Texas Saiga Conversion?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bpatterson

bpatterson

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

Pretty much what the title says.....Short of waiting forever to maybe get on the Tromix list, Who does the best and most reputable saiga 'smithing in Texas? I'll be doing a S12 and S308.

#2 DogMan

DogMan

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Lone Star Arms is close by over in Albuquerque, NM. They have awesome builds, a stellar reputation, and are a business member here.
  • post-apocalyptic and Mike Rogers like this

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.    - Mark Twain

#3 Jet

Jet

Union Proud

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

Pretty much what the title says.....Short of waiting forever to maybe get on the Tromix list, Who does the best and most reputable saiga 'smithing in Texas? I'll be doing a S12 and S308.

Hands down TAC47 in Houston, Keith does some awesome work and pays attention to details.
  • XXasdf and biggunnz47 like this

#4 taseal

taseal

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

I sent mine to TAC47, from what I hear, they are one of the best out there. I would send it to them. they respond very fast to PMs here too. They have my business. they're doing one of my S12s now

#5 WarriorJudge

WarriorJudge

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Tac 47 and Lone Star Arms are both GREAT. Either one would be a good choice. They are both reliable, honest, timely, fair and do excellent work. That is about as much as you can ask for.

WJ
  • Mike Rogers likes this
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." Theodore Roosevelt, May 13, 1903.

#6 SCHULTZE

SCHULTZE

BlindDog Tactical

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

Selph Arms LLC in Buda, TX south of Austin did some work for me that I was happy with, and they are a bussiness member here also. Any of the bussiness members on this sight you cant go wrong with. Each of them do things with a little different style, it is all in what you like.

#7 ram123

ram123

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

I beg to differ not all companies on the forum would make a good choice. However I'm sure Lone Star Arms would be a good choice. They have very happy customers and I've seen there work.
  • Mike Rogers likes this

#8 XXasdf

XXasdf

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I've only dealt with Tac47 myself out of our texas based business members and they did a fine job with my .308.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

#9 broberts001

broberts001

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

Tac47 all the way. Keith is great.

-Bryan
"...once those politicians have elected to send us out to do what 99.9 percent of the country would be terrified to undertake, they should get the hell out of the way and stay there." - Marcus Luttrell, Lone Survivor

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users