I've looked over the 922r rules and wanted to mnake sure I get this right. If I run the S12 in stock config (sporterized) I can run the gun with 5 round mags with *NO* 922r parts as the 5 round mags in a shotgun are considered sporting. If I go with US made higher cap mags I get 3 parts and only need to change out *1* more part to get 922r compliant. Is this right?

Thanks,

Rob

I've looked over the 922r rules and wanted to mnake sure I get this right. If I run the S12 in stock config (sporterized) I can run the gun with 5 round mags with *NO* 922r parts as the 5 round mags in a shotgun are considered sporting. If I go with US made higher cap mags I get 3 parts and only need to change out *1* more part to get 922r compliant. Is this right?

Thanks,

Rob

Thats the way I read it. There are 14 total if you remove the factor mag (3 parts) and say the factory puck (1 part) you would be down to 10 total.

ETA , but once you have the 1 part installed you can no longer use the five rnd mag.

Try it here. http://jobson.us/922r/

Edited by Fumes

I figured was ok running US mags in a factory gun with an aftermarket puck but I don't follow why running the after market puck would not allow me to run the factory 5 round mag... Can you explain that exception to me? Does the puck make the rifle "non-sporting"? If so, I could just pull the puck and replace it with the fctory puck if I wanted to run factory 5s... 922r seems so silly at times... Thanks!

Rob

I figured was ok running US mags in a factory gun with an aftermarket puck but I don't follow why running the after market puck would not allow me to run the factory 5 round mag... Can you explain that exception to me? Does the puck make the rifle "non-sporting"? If so, I could just pull the puck and replace it with the fctory puck if I wanted to run factory 5s... 922r seems so silly at times... Thanks!

Rob

The puck does nothing to the "sporting" status, it's the >5 round mags..

If you leave in your US made puck, you can swap out to US made >5 round mags just fine, and go back to 5 (or less) rounders from any country. Being that 5 rounders are considered "sporting".

So in other words, if your S12 is in "sporter" configuration, besides >5 round mags.....you're totally compliant to keep in your US made puck and keep swapping between 5 (or less) round foreign mags, or >5 round US made mags.

............and yes, 922r is complete garbage.

Edited by -Shooter-

I agree with that, but if you use the calculator I linked as soon as you put in a US puck it takes it from NA to noncompliant. So maybe thats just something that should be changed in the calculator.

Yeah, it's just the calculator responding to it's defaults. I just went through it, and any 1 single part you change to US made....it says "non-compliant". Which obviously isn't true. Like I checked off just the buttstock to US made, and it said non-compliant.