My brother in law (knows very little about guns) brought over a mossberg maverick to shoot he bought some years back. He asked if I could clean it for him and upon taking off the barrel I found it full of what appeared to be rust in the barrel. I used all sorts of brushes and solvents but couldnt get it clean. My sister recently bought him a nice 870 so I decided Id "work on it" as a Christmas present to him. I ordered a replacement 18.5" barrel and am thinking about an ATI collapsible stock. It ought to fill the gap as a good little HD gun. I will have to get some pics of the process when the parts come in.

• Like 1

Hopefully he will take better care of it in its "second life" ..... I told him he needed to get an S12 but be decided not to ..... I think he is regretting it as he has been watching my build come along.

The Maverick is pretty solid other than the cruddy barrel ..... I think it will end up being pretty cool .....

• 2 weeks later...