Saiga-12 Calendar

I've noticed that you can upload your pics and get a custom calendar made:

http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars

http://www.lulu.com/publish/calendars/?cid=us_pubpage_calendars

So, I started collecting pics off Saiga-12.com for a calendar.

If anyone wants to suggest a pic, please post it below. (Please get permission from the guy who took the pic; we don't need silly copyright problems!)

I'll make my calendar available so anyone can order a copy.

EDITED TO ADD:

I have discovered that the ideal images are 3 mega-pixels, or larger.

Also, they need to be more square-ish, as opposed to the typical long-and-skinny-shotgun-shape.

Edited by RecycledElectrons
  • Like 1

Cool will these calenders be free?

Not free.

I'll put togeather the design I want, and pay to order me one. If anyone else wants one, they will have to pay the printing and shipping.

I will not be collecting money, nor will I make a cent on this.

I can set up a PDF of the calendar, and give it away here on the board. Anyone will be free to print one - no royalties.

I can also upload it to one or more print shops, so anyone who want a printed copy can pay the print shop for printing and shipping to get a copy.

My original idea was to do one for myself, but I figured it was so easy to upload the PDF, and to let others order them from a 3rd party print shop, that I might as well open it up.

Edited by RecycledElectrons
  • Like 1

Not the greatest pic, but I like it.

here is one for a fall month....

post-22401-0-08204100-1291260507_thumb.jpg

Maybe people can offer up their pics and there can be a vote thread for which ones make it in the calender.

Saigatech's Krink 12 should definitely be in there somewhere....

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Just to reiterate the most important part of "Man Calendar Rules and Regulations".....there must be at least 1 set of jiggling titties (clothed, as to make it safe for a home with children) in any and all calendars.

I know BobAsh has some good ones with some beauties and S12's.

Maybe people can offer up their pics and there can be a vote thread for which ones make it in the calender.

Saigatech's Krink 12 should definitely be in there somewhere....

Do you have a bigger copy of it?

How big is perfect? I have a few copies of that same pic. Maybe an uncropped one as well. LMK

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I sent a PM with permission for the 'Cookie Jar Saiga". Did you receive it?

I got it.

I didn't reply to every message I got granting permission.

I asked a lot of people, and got more "YES" messages than I thought. THANKS!!!

Just because I asked permission, does not guarantee someone's Saiga will be in the calendar.

I should have a rough draft posted this weekend.

Something was asked that I had not thought through until now: some people want their logo or board handle on their pic. That's cool. Others want to be anonymous. That's also cool. Either way, I'll message the finalists later this weekend and ask what credit (if any) they want.

Are you looking for just S12's or are you thinking of using other Saigas as well?

I'm only using Saiga-12s in this calendar. They can be any Saiga-12, but they must be Saiga-12.

I'm not even going to use a pic with a stray pistol in the corner.

You are welcome to use mine.

post-15138-0-33060000-1291394639_thumb.jpg

.... and the angels sing. Thank you ST. That Krink 12 makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It makes me appreciate my ability to see.

post-8026-0-75949400-1291401120_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I love many of the pics that I have asked permission to use, but I have learned that the ideal pic is 3 mega-pixels or larger, and is square-ish to fit a calendar, as opposed to the more stretched long-and-skinny shape of most shotguns.

That means I will not be able to use most of the pics that I asked permission to use.

I'm sending another round of messages, asking for permission to use other pics, and to ask if some of my favorite (but too small) pics are available in a larger size.

Do you have a bigger copy of it?

:huh:

How big is your calender going to be? :unsure:

When you click the image in his post, it blows up to full size & only 25% of it fits on my screen it's so big.

If you are having trouble saving the pics uploaded like that to the forum software, you save the image, but it saves it in a weird folder in your pics folder & you must select it & pull the full sized image out, then put the rest of the crap in your recycle bin.

It's kind of involved, but it's the only way to post large pics, being as Photobucket tends to shrink them.