AR15 Ace Club Stock,,,is it standard or Mil-spec tube dia?

I was thinking of getting one for my M&P15 and need it to fit the Mil-spec buffer tube, will the one sold at CSS work? What is the length (I need a long one)? and if it is too short for me, do you also sell a buffer tube extension that is an inch or two long? And one more question, if I use an extension, do I need to use a longer buffer spring to match the length (I would guess I do) ? As always, thanks for your help and providing a great store & service.

I was thinking of getting one for my M&P15 and need it to fit the Mil-spec buffer tube, will the one sold at CSS work? What is the length (I need a long one)? and if it is too short for me, do you also sell a buffer tube extension that is an inch or two long? And one more question, if I use an extension, do I need to use a longer buffer spring to match the length (I would guess I do) ? As always, thanks for your help and providing a great store & service.

The stock is 10.5" long. The threads are the same for milspec or commercial. I am not sure on the spring needed for an AR. Maybe some AR people could help out.

• Like 1

This one? http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-175/ACE-SAIGA-FOLDING-STOCK/Detail

That's the Ace Ultra-Light stock.

If so.....it uses it's own buffer tube; standard A1/A2 buffer tube (and it's included, according to the description). No need for your own mil-spec tube. But to use it with your AR, you'd still need a rifle length spring and buffer (in the standard pictured configuration, I'm not sure about extensions and all that, but I doubt you'd need an extension on this stock).

So get yourself a rifle-length spring and buffer (yes, rifle buffers are different from carbine buffers), and you're good to go with that stock.

Yes, that is the stock I am looking at getting. I meant to say, I need a stock that uses the same thread dia as a Mil-spec buffer tube that I have now.

This is what is confusing me, is there a thread dia difference between Mil-spec and Commercial as stated in this info I found, or are they actually the same dia. ? I Just want to be sure before ordering something that might not fit.

5230182805_c92a2c8ca4_b.jpg

Edited by PYRO

Yes, that is the stock I am looking at getting. I meant to say, I need a stock that uses the same thread dia as a Mil-spec buffer tube that I have now.

This is what is confusing me, is there a thread dia difference between Mil-spec and Commercial as stated in this info I found, or are they actually the same dia. ? I Just want to be sure before ordering something that might not fit.

Any standard AR lower that is in spec will accept both commercial and mil-spec buffer tubes. That pic shows the diameter of the threads being different, so I'm not 100% sure what to make of that. I knew the rear of the tube that actually accepts the stock were 2 different sizes, as noted in the pic.

But anyway, yeah, the stock you want will fit your M&P lower just fine.