WTB Bulgarian polymer thumbhole stock

I'm in New York and have to use a thumbhole stock on my conversion. I have a Choate installed now and I don't like it. I am desperately looking for a Bulgarian one like shown in the picture below. Please let me know if you have one available for sale. Name your price and we can work out the details from there. I have a Bulgarian regular Warsaw stock and US made plastic pistol grip from a rifle I can use for trade if you are interested.

Untitled-1copy.jpg?t=1291491209

Hard to find. Here is the one I got from K-VAR and modified to fit. I wasn't really difficult, just some slow handsaw and chisel work.

ETA: I'm VERY happy with it.

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to continue to be hopeful that someone will have one of the ones I am looking for for sale. I understand they were only imported for a few years if that. I really like the narrow long pistol grip design on the one I'm looking for. The regular wooden thumbholes and the Choate have fat, short grips that are awkward for me to handle with reloads...

Hard to find. Here is the one I got from K-VAR and modified to fit. I wasn't really difficult, just some slow handsaw and chisel work.

ETA: I'm VERY happy with it.

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to continue to be hopeful that someone will have one of the ones I am looking for for sale. I understand they were only imported for a few years if that. I really like the narrow long pistol grip design on the one I'm looking for. The regular wooden thumbholes and the Choate have fat, short grips that are awkward for me to handle with reloads...

I've been hunting for a supplier for those stockes for a while now, cant believe someone else likes them, if you find a supply I need four of and would really appreciate it if you could let me know if you are succesfull in finding, I will do the same if I am Cheers.

I've been hunting for a supplier for those stockes for a while now, cant believe someone else likes them, if you find a supply I need four of and would really appreciate it if you could let me know if you are succesfull in finding, I will do the same if I am Cheers.

Yeah, I will keep you in mind if I run across any. It is starting to seem like a pipe dream...I really HATE New York. I grew up in PA over the boarder and really miss the low taxes and lack of stupid gun control laws. I might just convert it over to a standard warsaw stock pistol grip setup and keep it at my relatives in PA. Only a ten minute drive for me to "visit" it...lol...

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but, I thought I'd offer just in case. This is a black polymer take off from a Bulgarian SLR-95 milled. It is in excellent condition, the factory sling attachment is on the left side. This is a stock photo, though it appears identical. Let me know if this will help, thanks.

post-11728-0-10098900-1292907296_thumb.gif

• 2 months later...

I am quite astounded that in a forum of this size and experience, no one has come back with a definite yes. This is where you can find these buts, there is a definite oppotunity for someone to get the old mold rotating again and turn 50 out for the market. I have seen 2 saiga's for sale new in NZ with these stocks but no one seems to know where they came from, Surely there is not that many saiga assembly lines in the world or is it that the ones in the know dont read the forums.

I am quite astounded that in a forum of this size and experience, no one has come back with a definite yes. This is where you can find these buts, there is a definite oppotunity for someone to get the old mold rotating again and turn 50 out for the market. I have seen 2 saiga's for sale new in NZ with these stocks but no one seems to know where they came from, Surely there is not that many saiga assembly lines in the world or is it that the ones in the know dont read the forums.

You might be just the man for the job. :angel:

Thanks nailbomb, I do need a convertion so Tom may have a job and a sale of one of those stocks. Now that the ball is rolling I need to find Tom Cole and being that I am from out of town would you be kind enough to point me in his direction please. Then as Yeoldetool has hinted I need to clean up my workshop. :rolleyes:

Centerfire Systems carries (and has in stock) the Bulgarian AK's that these stocks come on, for $349. If I was still in NY and needed another one of these stocks........I just might spend the $349 just to get the stock. Toss a standard AK stock on the Bulgarian, in place of the thumbhole, and put the thumbhole on your S12. Then you can enjoy your new AK and thumbholed S12, or sell off the AK and make some money back.

• Like 1

Centerfire Systems carries (and has in stock) the Bulgarian AK's that these stocks come on, for $349. If I was still in NY and needed another one of these stocks........I just might spend the $349 just to get the stock. Toss a standard AK stock on the Bulgarian, in place of the thumbhole, and put the thumbhole on your S12. Then you can enjoy your new AK and thumbholed S12, or sell off the AK and make some money back.

Thats the best advice I've heard yet.

Thanks Shooter for the heads up! I might just have to go that route. I really don't need another AK and I'm not sure it would be easy to sell a single stack AK on the open market after purchase...decisions decisions...

Thanks Shooter for the heads up! I might just have to go that route. I really don't need another AK and I'm not sure it would be easy to sell a single stack AK on the open market after purchase...decisions decisions...

No problem.

You could always take a dremel to the magwell and make it accept standard double stack AK mags.

Yeah the seller and I have been talking - trying to work out the final price. Thanks though for the heads up! I appreciate you taking the time to write me!

Please do not pay $150 for a $20 stock.

Thanks Shooter, You have got my attention, Where do I find one for $20.00

I realize they're scarce as hell right now, and I don't know where you can buy it, stand-alone. But it's still not a $150 stock, when you can buy the AK it comes with for $350.

• Like 1

Well well and I thought common sense had past us all by, you are bang on Shooter. I just need one as a patern and then the sky is the limit, they would look cool done in carbon fibre and the colors could be very personal Yes.

Well well and I thought common sense had past us all by, you are bang on Shooter. I just need one as a patern and then the sky is the limit, they would look cool done in carbon fibre and the colors could be very personal Yes.

put me on the list I will take one nattyiceking@gmail.com :smoke:

NailBomb has at least 2 of these stocks. If all you need is measurements, I'm sure he could hook you up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give you all that have helped or are looking for this particular stock to PM me - I have the contact to a company in the states that originally imported the Bulgarian SSR 85c rifles that came stock with these thumb holes installed. They have several in stock and will ship for $38 each! I picked one up from another forum for $30 shipped so I'm all set. But as hard as these are to find, the price is right for us guys in the ban states.

Edited by lksyotas
  • Like 1

Just wanted to give you all that have helped or are looking for this particular stock to PM me - I have the contact to a company in the states that originally imported the Bulgarian SSR 85c rifles that came stock with these thumb holes installed. They have several in stock and will ship for $38 each! I picked one up from another forum for $30 shipped so I'm all set. But as hard as these are to find, the price is right for us guys in the ban states.

Nice find, and smoking price! :super:

sent ya an email. Thanks